This tv and metv leaving ses2 6/17/12...maybe not...GONE 6/30/12

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you aim your antenna west to get 12.3 & 12.4, you can't get any other channels. What a bunch of idiots. They need to move those sub channels to the north towers.
ummm it isnt that easy as you think. If they want to make ANY change they need to file it with the FCC and get the approval. Also since the people who own 12-1 & 12-2 only run 12-3 and 12-4 technically it would be the owner of KUIL to submit the change.

I officially hate their guts for being morons. I'm not genius but I know that you can't have friggin towers all over the map and expect people to still be able to get ALL the channels.
actually you can. Most stations are powerful enough that even if the antenna is off by 20 degrees it still will come in. I have a Ion station that is off by 90 degrees yet I get it fine (lower signal but no dropouts). Of course its broadcasting at 1 million watts and 1400 feet ;)
The issue is you are working with a low powered station. That is how they were classified as analog. As digital the maximum they can legally go is 15000 watts which depending on the height of the transmitter can get out a good 35-40 miles if the antenna is aimed properly. Both of KUIL"s transmitters are 500 feet off the ground. Conversely here in Minneapolis we have low powered stations that are at 15000 watts but are 750-800 feet off the ground. That helps too

Here is the issue with that station. KUIL has TWO transmitters in your area on two different station numbers (both mapped to 12-3 & 12-4).

There is channel 43 in Beaumont proper that remaps to 12-3 & 12-4
RabbitEars.Info

and there is a 36 that is East of Beaumont near Orange
RabbitEars.Info

so make sure you know what station you are picking up. You may have to scan both in which can be confusing as it will show 12-3 & 12-4 twice (for each remap). Both towers are only 500 feet off the ground so that doesnt help either.

If you want a good read over at AVS Forum there is a thread on the issue with that and the guide info. Might want to read that.

You've posted a thread in the OTA area about having issues picking up stations. Did you try and repoint the antenna or try it higher? Channel 43 is only at 8000 watts whereas 36 is at 15000 watts. I guess you'd rather complain than try and fix the issue.

I'm reading over there and trying to figure this out but the problem I'm having is that 12.1 and 12.2 are analog and 12.3 12.4 are digital and the Dish tuner is having trouble with that. I scan or add one or the other in and then it can't find the other ones. It's making me insane to the point where I want to take a hammer to the d**m thing...

I'm reading over there and trying to figure this out but the problem I'm having is that 12.1 and 12.2 are analog
no they are not. They are digital

and 12.3 12.4 are digital and the Dish tuner is having trouble with that. I scan or add one or the other in and then it can't find the other ones.
again because there are TWO transmitters for KUIL on TWO different stations. So either try for 36 (which might be easier as it is NE) or 43 (which is west of you per previous posts)

as I posted back in your thread in the OTA area your tvfool report
http://www.satelliteguys.us/digital...stion-about-antenna-pointing.html#post2821940

the channel 36 version is at 35 degrees on the compass which is only 40 degrees off the other 2 powerful stations on UHF which are 40 and 33 (Fox & CBS). They are almost due north. ABC 12 is VHF which you already have a separate antenna for so that you just aim for 12-1 & 12-2

I think I got the channels into the Dish tuner the right way. THINK is the key word here.

But now I lost all the guide info for them.. :-(

All for 12.x channels just say "Digital Service"...

I can not win at this game. Not at all. Not even a little bit.. :-(

I quit. I'm done with this. I'll wait for the friggin trees to be cut down and what ever.......

the guide info will come back. When you scan in a channel it can take up to 2 hours for guide info to load back in there but it will

If Dish has no guide info as is the case for 12-3 & 4 then you still have to set manual timers. But since you hate the local version of MeTV why bother picking it up? Some people may like the local version glitches and all. For me as example I have seen glitches with commercial breaks and its in 16:9 widescreen which means only local inserted commercials are in HD. The rest is back bar hell but it is easier for me to hit 5-3 than to aim the big dish outside.

Ok, guide info for 12.1 & 2 came back. .3 & .4, no. Never had that anyway.

This stupid thing about them having transmitters on two frequencies at two differ towers and compass points is stupid.
I don't see the logic in that. I had h*ll getting the tuner to tune in the right things and ignore the weak/wrong things.

I guess I'll find out this evening, every night 12.4 around 10pm gets super weak and drops out and becomes unwatchable for the rest of the night.
I guess it was trying to tune in the weak, western tower at 43, I don't know.

As for raising my antenna any higher, there's just no way I can do that without putting up a "tower"..

There is supposed to be one on the ground out at the site where the BIG dishes are I'm getting. I still haven't seen it yet but I may make the owner an offer on it.
I would love to put up a tower like 30' or 40' tall. I just don't know who I would get to climb it because believe me, there is NO WAY I would climb it..
I don't like climbing 8' up an aluminum ladder on the side of a tree.. :eek:

This is all so frustrating.. There has to be an easier way. They should have some standards and rules so the transmitters be at a certain height, a minimum power, and all together in the same general area so people can put up ONE antenna and aim it towards the group of towers and get ALL the local channels. But I guess that's too easy. I think the cable companies are making the rules so that it's hard to watch OTA, people get frustrated and get cr*ppy, over priced cable.
TWC is HORRIBLE..... I would do without before I would give them a red cent for TV service. :mad:

If anyone is having an issue getting METV and This to come in and you are using a 4DTV receiver as your positioner, Try rotateing the LNB 90 degrees using the setting inside the receiver for this. This is what I finally had to do to get ME and This to scan in on my Traxxis 3500, I finally figured this out after many frustrating tries trying to get them to scan in since at the old location they were on a Horizontal channel but the new location they are on a Verticle channel. I am getting excellant quality with a signal strength of 98, I am useing a 10' dish also. Hope this helps anyone still having trouble getting them at the new location...

This stupid thing about them having transmitters on two frequencies at two differ towers and compass points is stupid.
I don't see the logic in that.
I do. Since they are low powered one covers Beaumont proper. The other covers almost to Lake Charles. Two towers equals more coverage. Also 36 (the one East of Beaumont) was the original digital station while 64 was still analog at where 43 is right now. They are one of the few stations that had a digital and analog station up at same time on 2 different towers

I guess it was trying to tune in the weak, western tower at 43, I don't know.
go into the menu on the 211 (I **think) its menu 6-8 it says like local channels. Manually scan in 36 and see if it shows a signal or not. Try it with 43 too

As for raising my antenna any higher, there's just no way I can do that without putting up a "tower"..
From what I read you are only up like 20 feet. You'd be amazed at what 10 feet can do for signals

There is supposed to be one on the ground out at the site where the BIG dishes are I'm getting. I still haven't seen it yet but I may make the owner an offer on it.
I would love to put up a tower like 30' or 40' tall.
a tower next to the house at 30 feet is the same as a 20 foot tall mast on top of a 10 foot high house ;)

This is all so frustrating.. There has to be an easier way. They should have some standards and rules so the transmitters be at a certain height, a minimum power, and all together in the same general area so people can put up ONE antenna and aim it towards the group of towers and get ALL the local channels. But I guess that's too easy.
each market is different. Be happy you can get the Big 4 networks with rather ease. There are areas where there may be only one station available in the market (as is the case 70 miles down the road from me. They have a CBS & Fox subchannel only. Anything else takes extreme measures with gigantic antennas, towers, etc). Your tvfool really isnt that bad and honestly if I lived down there (hell no as I hate heat) that could easily be done and if the cards are played right you could get KPLC too.

I think the cable companies are making the rules so that it's hard to watch OTA, people get frustrated and get cr*ppy, over priced cable.
what the hell does cable have to do with this? NOTHING. If you want OTA in some areas it takes a little more work than putting up some bunny ears.
Looking at a chart less than 50% of the folks in Beaumont subscribe to cable. OTA only is 7 1/2%
It also depends on the market size. Larger markets like Dallas and Houston are around 15-19% whereas smaller markets like Corpus Christi and Victoria are about the same as you (7-8%)

Larger markets will have higher OTA due to the amount of people and the channel variety available. Minneapolis is at 19%

I do. Since they are low powered one covers Beaumont proper. The other covers almost to Lake Charles. Two towers equals more coverage. Also 36 (the one East of Beaumont) was the original digital station while 64 was still analog at where 43 is right now. They are one of the few stations that had a digital and analog station up at same time on 2 different towers

go into the menu on the 211 (I **think) its menu 6-8 it says like local channels. Manually scan in 36 and see if it shows a signal or not. Try it with 43 too

From what I read you are only up like 20 feet. You'd be amazed at what 10 feet can do for signals

a tower next to the house at 30 feet is the same as a 20 foot tall mast on top of a 10 foot high house ;)

each market is different. Be happy you can get the Big 4 networks with rather ease. There are areas where there may be only one station available in the market (as is the case 70 miles down the road from me. They have a CBS & Fox subchannel only. Anything else takes extreme measures with gigantic antennas, towers, etc). Your tvfool really isnt that bad and honestly if I lived down there (hell no as I hate heat) that could easily be done and if the cards are played right you could get KPLC too.

what the hell does cable have to do with this? NOTHING. If you want OTA in some areas it takes a little more work than putting up some bunny ears.
Looking at a chart less than 50% of the folks in Beaumont subscribe to cable. OTA only is 7 1/2%
It also depends on the market size. Larger markets like Dallas and Houston are around 15-19% whereas smaller markets like Corpus Christi and Victoria are about the same as you (7-8%)

Larger markets will have higher OTA due to the amount of people and the channel variety available. Minneapolis is at 19%

All the towers and channels and who was owned by who before and now and all that, confuses me. My head swims when I try to decode all that.
But oh well..

I'm a red head. So I have a short fuse and a temper and a very low trigger point for frustration which always leads to anger. All the technical details of this stuff are hard for me to process and grasp.
I do try though.

Anyway...

So I am reasonably sure I was able to coerce the 211 into picking up the 12.3 & .4 signals on the channel 36 (this also deeply confuses me but whatever) and to ignore the signals on 43.
12.1 and 12.2 are super strong at 100% signal, 12.3 and 12.4 are showing like 87/88% signals. Previously they were in the 60-70% range and dropping out constantly to the point of being absolutely useless to me.
This MAY have taken care of this particular problem. At least until the next time I go messing around and pushing buttons in the menus again. :whistle:

Now I need to go see if I can straighten out the channels in my Vizio, it's connected to the OTA antenna too. I'm not sure how to go about that, it has even less options than the 211 as to setting up channels.

Oh, and my antenna. It's 21' tall, total. It's two fence rails stuck together and screwed to the side of the house.

See that tree? It's directly in the way of my OTA antenna and ALL the towers to the north.. :mad:
It's coming down too..

The actual antenna only protrudes about 6 or 7 feet above the roof peak. The roof is sheet metal so there's no way to attach anything to the roof itself. Especially considering we are in hurricane alley here. And potential leaks from making holes in the roof. Dad said "NO!" about putting anything on or through the roof. But the overall, total height is like 19 or 20 feet, the pole is 21 feet but the antennas are a bit lower than that.
If couldn't make it any taller without putting support wires but then it would be out of my reach if I had to do anything thing to it. I was told I might be able to get a radio tower, I think it's triangular shaped for people to be able to climb it and it's probably very strong too. If it's in 10' sections I could put up like three sections or maybe even four. But climbing it, that's out. Not this chick! And I don't know anyone remotely insane enough to climb it for me.
So I dunno... I guess it's not really feasible after all. But it's a nice dream..

I guess tonight will be the test to see if I've got my OTA working better or not.

Dad told me he would call the tree people to do something about my problems out back there. Previously he told me it would be later this summer. Now, I dunno. I'm still poisoning the trees in the mean time to defoliate them while I'm waiting on them to be taken down.

I dont like the feel of this!MeTv on the new TP on 101 is playing hide and go seek with me.It was back early this mourning with a sig alittle weaker than This but still strong and when i tried alittle while ago (late afternoon) it was gone again.Looks like ok at night and gone during mid till late day.Anyone with a 6 footer having any problems with MeTvs (101) new TP??

Everything in the last several posts is unimportant...except that you're cutting that tree?! Don't do it........it's bee-yoo-tee-ful. :boink:

I'm having ALL the trees in my yard removed. I hate them, they are trouble, they are going.
Additionally, I'm having the limbs from the neighbors trees that hang over the property line cut down too.

I'm planting bamboo however. It's a specific variety that doesn't spread unchecked and doesn't get over 12' tall. I'm planting it to act essentially as privacy hedges. It won't interfere with my dishes and it won't take over my yard or spread where it shouldn't. It will more than make up for the green factor of the oaks and other trash trees that are coming down.

Trees are the PRIME and major cause of my satellite reception problems and they sure aren't helping with my OTA problems.

There are other reasons too. Such as the potential for death and or major damage of them falling on my house during a hurricane, they are major hosts to destructive, vermin rodent squirrels and they drop billions of acorns that are sprouting in every square inch of my yard and garden. It takes me hours of back breaking work every day to pull the stinking little things out of my garden. There are more oak tree sprouts than there is grass in my yard. If I don't eradicate them my yard will turn into one huge oak tree 66' x 200' thick......

What sort of grass grows in your yard Dee?
Oak... :mad:

Iceberg:

Do you still use a QualiTv? MeTV on 101 scans in fine on my Openbox. On my QualiTv I get a lock with 89% Quality and can hear the audio in the background, yet when I scan a single transponder or a single satellite, nothing comes up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Very Weird! MeTv is back on with good sig!No sign of pixel breakup anytime when its viewable.I have seen 3974 come and go two times since they switched to this new freq.

Iceberg:

Do you still use a QualiTv? MeTV on 101 scans in fine on my Openbox. On my QualiTv I get a lock with 89% Quality and can hear the audio in the background, yet when I scan a single transponder or a single satellite, nothing comes up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm not the Iceberg, but I think I can help you. Most of the time, not always if you have a channel stored on the Quali TV and you try to scan in a channel that has a FR that is close to the stored channel it will scan in then go to no signal. Simply delete the stored channel and that will clear up the confusion within the receiver.

Diamond Jim:

Thanks for the reply. I have no other channels stored at 101. On the Channel Scan screen, I get a lock on MeTV with Quality in the 80s. I can hear the audio, so I know it is MeTV. When I scan, nothing is found, it saves the result anyway, and I get No Signal. When I go to the List, MeTV is listed, but when I press the yellow button for the channel detail, the Frequency and SR listed are not even close to the ones I used for the scan.

Do you have any idea what is going on here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)