This Tv, METV on AMC 1 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
US
I just noticed thay're not coming down using the blindscan. I erase them by mistake so I tried several times and they never scan in. In the other hand I made a copy of one of my another Openboxes and load it and the channel which were already scanned in before play fine. Anyone notice something strange?"?? So, will this channel need to be add manually from now on???

Yes ..you are correct.I'm having the same problem with my Pansat 9200...
I just noticed thay're not coming down using the blindscan. I erase them by mistake so I tried several times and they never scan in. In the other hand I made a copy of one of my another Openboxes and load it and the channel which were already scanned in before play fine. Anyone notice something strange?"?? So, will this channel need to be add manually from now on???

I just read in another forum that they're now HIDDEN. Not scanning in would be true for any STB. They are now hidden channels like the CW at 91, needing manual PID entry by remote on models with this feature or Editors such as the Openbox.

Looking for audio for the This and Metv Lyngstat shows 2120 for this and 2220 for Metv

what is the audio pid for amc 1 at 103w
Lngsat shows 2120 but when i manually put it in it says no audio signal
for the THIS CHANNEL and Metv also. I have a coolsat 8000 hd receiver and
it doesn't have a blind scan on it. I did a rescan and I only get the picture on MEtv and THIS channel

Thank you , STACKER

The 8000 will do AC3

All you have to do is scan the transponder. It will scan the channels in properly. The 8000 you can't add AC-3 audio channels directly

On a related note, today my Viewsat MAX HD would not display those channels. A hard reboot brought audio and video back for a minute or so. Did FACTORY DEFAULT from receiver's menu. Unit will not scan in AC3 channels now. [AMC1 103 on 3740V 29270 7/8 C-BAND] Finds DW, Bridges etc But not the Lukens. (Box probably had hack software in it) Any ideas ? Would it need firmware upgrade ? Any instructions or sources would be greatly appreciated.

Both channels are no longer able to scan in. They're now some kind of hidden such as the CW's in 91W. In order to get them you need to add them manually. I have read in other forums that there is no way to tell the 8000 and 8100 that the 2120 audio pid for ThisTV is AC3. I Think the Viewsat HD may have this choice. Its being a long time since I owned one of them. I dont know if using the channel editor for 8000/8100 will allow to do that. If so thats probably what you need to do. If this is the case them Iceberg is the man to find a trick scanning another similar TP with AC3, edit the values with the ThisTV mux pids and save it to the box without scanning again. He will know what I'm talking. Good Luck

Hello. Yes I am seeing the same thing on SV-360 Elite. I notice the Dolby icon on the info panel no longer glows yellow but stays dark. Despite this, my receiver still indicates Dolby Digital 2/0 and plays fine. The 360 won't blind scan these anymore either. The real disaster is that the PVR won't record these channels anymore. The recorder starts but elapsed time doesn't move off zero. I hope the movers and shakers will put this back the way it was because I don't see the benefit. The other This/MeTV on other satellites so far work as always.

Last edited:
What are the correct values to enter in the openbox channel editor to get ThisTV on 103W / 3740V ? The values listed on lyngsat do not work for me.

I can get good signal and all the other channels on this transponder, but lost ThisTV a couple days ago. After reading the posts above, I played around with the PVR800 channel editor downloaded from this site, and got the video, but no audio, then messed about some more and lost the video again. As other have noted, blind scanning finds nothing.

Last edited:
ME 1
V 2260 A 2220Dolby D Pid 2260
Me 2
V 2360 A 2320DolbyD Pid 2360
This
V 2160 A 2120DolbyD Pid 2160
That's the best I can tell with the S9
Don't make sense to "hide" them as they've been here, like, forever.

If you used to have them and erase it , or if you have never scanned them, you will need to add it using the Editor. Make a HDS2_DUMP copy of your system on your pen drive (assuming you know how to do this). Open the Editor, FILE, OPEN, change the FYLE TYPE from *.udf to *.abs then look for the dump file in your computer address (HDS2_DUMP.abs), OPEN, PICK USER DATA BASE, under Use ALL SERVIVE, SATELLITE INFORMATION at left column look for C_AMC 1 (hit +) will list all TPs. Look for TP 3740 and hit over. It will list the available channels at right. Below the last one channel right click into the next available column. A pop up screen will appear click INSERT CHANNEL, ADD ThisTV PIDs info, make sure your pick AC3 on audio type 1 and STEREO in audio model, save each channel (THIS tv, ME TV 1 & METV 2)by hitting OK .
To finish, FILE, EXPORT change fyle type from *.ddf to *.abs. Hit SAVE, system will tell you that the file already exist and ask if you want to overwrite hit YES, and pick USER DATA BASE and you're DONE. Load back your HDS2_DUMP file to your box!!

Thanks guys, I got the video back. Don't know what I did wrong, but deleted the channel and re-entered the same values I had and now it works. No sound though. I don't see anywhere to select AC3 as audio type in the editor I have.

Maybe I will try renaming and changing the PIDS on DW or MeTV2 which have AC3 sound also.

thistveditor.jpg

editor2.jpg

Last edited:
No luck renaming DW. I noticed that Metv and MeTV2 no longer show up in a transponder scan either, but mine still work with the saved channel info.

You need an update version of the editor. PM with your e-mail to send you a copy

editor.JPG

Can't understand it. I can't get a squeak out of that TP. Put in all the listed info here and another post, but zero. As if there was nothing there?

RT.

What's all the fuss about? Aren't these channels still on 87w and scan right in? (not home to check)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)