Those were the days...

As old as my oldest son said a 75 year old who used to listen to the shadow on radio.

Mentioning old radio, thought I would share these.

I have a small collection of antique radios from the 30’s, mostly Zenith tombstones, and a couple of tabletop models.

They are great to listen to old radio shows through, still all pretty much original. Have been recapped and new (NOS) tubes, and modified for a 3.5 mm audio input.

First picture is a Zenith 829S from 1935

IMG_2110.JPG

Zenith 7S28 from 1936

IMG_2133.JPG

Zenith 9S30, 1936

IMG_2113.JPG

Zenith 10S130, 1937

IMG_2119.JPG

Zenith 7S232 the “Walton’s” set from 1938

IMG_2117.JPG

Also, here’s a vintage Fisher 500C I use to listen to an old AR turntable and FM radio on some old Dynaco speakers from the 60’s in my office.

IMG_2442.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice bobvick. But I'm not that old. We had a small table top radio and I also used a crystal set.

I didn’t figure you were quite old enough to have listened to one of those radios as a boy :) ‘The Shadow’ just made me think of old time radio. I really enjoy listening to Dragnet, Lum n’ Abner, and Amos n’ Andy on these sets.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My Grandpa used to say"Titty Pink". I haven't heard that phrase since he died in 90. :biggrin
Well, actually my friends called my old Ford color "Titty Nipple Pink" if I am allowed to say that. I was proud of her but when I got married in 1966 my wife had me paint her a new green color that came out for the 67 Chrysler. Sure wish I had her back. I won a trophy at the old San Antonio Texas Drag track. Lots of memories. :)

I commiserate. My first wife had me dump my beloved 72 Duster. The one with the slant six “pickup truck” engine.

No racer, but oh how I loved that car. Still on the original clutch when I sold it. Sad day.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
My second car I got in 1968 was a 1962 Dodge Dart station wagon with the slant six and push button automatic. She was a nice car. Color TV was years later. Had to watch the moon landing in 1969 with a black & white. :(

Well, actually my friends called my old Ford color "Titty Nipple Pink" if I am allowed to say that. I was proud of her but when I got married in 1966 my wife had me paint her a new green color that came out for the 67 Chrysler. Sure wish I had her back. I won a trophy at the old San Antonio Texas Drag track. Lots of memories. :)

LOL! Love it, I’ve never heard that one.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts