Thumbs Up for Fortec 0.4 Lnbf!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BabaLouie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Northern Rockies
I picked up an extra Primestar dish (the smaller oval one, 36x26) to see if I could get it to work as a dedicated Ku dish for G10. With the Primestar lnbf, it seemed no matter how I tweaked it, I could only pick up a couple of the stronger transponders. Then I swapped that lnbf out for the Fortec Universal 0.4 and was pleased to be able to pick up ALL the networks and Equity channels (even The Tube!) with no breakups! I am impressed with this little lnbf, and would recommend it to any of you FTA lovers.

Fortec LNBF and G10R

Same here. Right now I am getting 60% quality on "The Tube". Some channels I get 79% quality. Picture is very good. I am using a 90cm Dish with Fortec Ultra receiver. This is a very good little LNBF.

MrM

I have alternatively installed the GeoSat Pro .4 lnb (linear, from dvbhardware.com) and the Fortec FSKU-V .4 (universal, from Sadoun) on my winegard 76cm setup to compare the two. On the channels I usually watch on hispasat using a coolsat, my quality continuously fluctuates between 72 and 76 when using the GeoSat and is a more solid 75-76 with the Fortec. They are pretty close, but I would give the edge to the Fortec. A great deal for $15 at Sadoun if you get a dish also. Lots of Fortec universals floating around with different specs, you need to make sure to get the .4.

Jacksonville, FL must be a sweet spot in the G10R footprint because I consistantly get 89 to 99% on all transponders with a Fortec 90CM and .4 LNB thru a Lifetime Ultra. The LNB seems to have a broad and flat gain curve, as all transponders seem equal. The .4 noise figure must be the worst case and is most likely much lower than that.

Harold

<Lots of Fortec universals floating around with different specs, you need to make sure to get the .4.>

Yes you are right. The older models had 0.6 dB NF then came the 0.5 and now we have the 0.4. Overall, we are very pleased with the performance of the 0.4. It is very stable and have had no problems with it.

A stable low NF LNBF makes a difference when you are using a BLIND Search receiver.

About a year and a half ago when I first started in the fantastic hobby, I bought my first dish, .4 degree lnb and 726NA receiver from Sadoun. Since I have upgraded receivers and dishes but still do use the Fortec .4 lnbs. Good value for the money.

True I just got an Invacom and the quality is lower than the fortec star. I say Fortec star is a lot better than the Invacom!. Money down the drain on the Invacom.

Actually we have noticed that on a big dish 100cm we found no difference in the performance between the Invacom QPH-031 0.3dB and the Fortec Star FSKUv 0.4db

Where the Invacom has a slight advantage is on the 30" dish.

From what I have read, the Fortec is probably the best LNB for the money right now-many report the same or similar performence. Having said that, I have the Invacom and no regrets-it works great with the Winegard 2076.

Status
Please reply by conversation.