Thursday, October 1st Opening Night of NHL

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe I am looking too much into things but, I noticed on the program guide that Universal Sports ends Oct 1 at 6 AM ET. , "Important information about Versus" on Channel 603 also ends at that exact same time. (10/1@6AM ET). Could this mean US is being swapped back out for Versus just in time for hockey season? or just a coincidence?

Maybe I am looking too much into things but, I noticed on the program guide that Universal Sports ends Oct 1 at 6 AM ET. , "Important information about Versus" on Channel 603 also ends at that exact same time. (10/1@6AM ET). Could this mean US is being swapped back out for Versus just in time for hockey season? or just a coincidence?

With all of the speculation I've read this sounds as good as any other possibility. It's an interesting thought. I would not think the NHL would like to not have a million viewers left out but the way the network battles have gone on, it would not shock me no matter what happens these days.

This sucks.

This is the October games. We're going to miss four games in the first week, including the international series. This can't be replaced by Center Ice, these are exclusive to Versus.

Oct. 1 7:00 pm Washington vs Boston
Oct. 1 10:00 pm San Jose vs Colorado
Oct. 2 12:00 pm Florida at Chicago
Oct. 2 3:00 pm Detroit at St.Louis
Oct. 5 7:00 pm NY Rangers at New Jersey
Oct. 6 7:00 pm Washington at Philadelphia
Oct. 12 8:00 pm Calgary at Chicago
Oct. 13 7:00 pm Detroit at Buffalo
Oct. 19 7:00 pm San Jose at NY Rangers
Oct. 20 7:00 pm St. Louis at Pittsburgh
Oct. 26 8:00 pm Minnesota at Chicago
Oct. 27 7:00 pm Philadelphia at Washington

TWELVE games in October alone :(

Patience grows slime when you're down to just 48 hours, for something they've been working on for a month with the channel off the system.

Not to mention the customers that missed their team's college football games earlier this month, I think even Texas was one of the games, a pretty big school.

Any idea when or where a CentreIce schedule will be posted? It's only a few days until the season begins.

Does Directv care? :cool:

On a side note for those wanting to watch Thursday's games. It's available live streaming via www.cbc.ca , click on sports.

Last edited:
Screw you guys and your NHL....:rant:(I'm kidding of course)

I want my Beaver football!!!! Two weeks in a row I'm going to miss the game because of this Versus issue. I hope you guys are right and it's back on the 1st!

I would try come game day. I am not sure of the US rules and regs regarding accessing some sites outside of the US.

All you can do is try. I am going to guess you can watch.

Patience grows slime when you're down to just 48 hours, for something they've been working on for a month with the channel off the system.

Not to mention the customers that missed their team's college football games earlier this month, I think even Texas was one of the games, a pretty big school.

+1 Hook 'em, Horns :D

Close game for you guys last week vs Indiana. Watched it. Good game.

Back on topic: Doggone it, if I ain't gettin' more optimistic about Vs coming back soon. All of this positive thinking may unlock the cosmic tumblers to this thing.

According to this latest article on puckdaddy, NHL Network will be showing LESS full-on coverage of Saturday nite's HNIC broadcasts that we became so used to watching last season.

This season, they are removing some instances of Coach's Corner, Hot Stove and a bunch of the 10pm games. They are replacing them which appear to be scattered weeknite games that we didn't get last year. I don't know which I'd rather have but for the love of God, can't the fans just be left alone? We had such a good thing last year and what do you know, it gets screwed with!

Frankly between Directv, Comcast, the NHL, ESPN, I am so sick and tired of the way our Sport is marketed and the way it's fans are treated. Like any other Sport, it's a business first but these days I kinda wish I hated this league. It would be soooooooo easy!!!

The nhl network was advertising last night on the Swiss/Blackhawks game, a HNIC doubleheader for Saturday night, with the pregame show.:)

Anyways, I am thankful I get CBC out of Toronto on TWC, so I am golden for all hockey season.

so much for this theory, they added more blocks of "Important information about Versus" to their guide.

The 2 CBC games (Habs/Leafs & Flames/Canucks) are showing up in the guide like they will be on CI tomorrow night (770 & 771).

On Dish, the Habs/Leafs and Flames/Canucks is only in SD. Looks like we won't be seeing any HD games on CI from Canadian feeds again this year.

Time to cancel, I still have Bell even though I fell out of the HD footprint when Nimiq 4 launched last year, but it is still a much better picture than the overcompressed SD crap that Dish/Direct give us.

On Dish, the Habs/Leafs and Flames/Canucks is only in SD. Looks like we won't be seeing any HD games on CI from Canadian feeds again this year.
Does any US provider carry the Canadian feeds in HD, outside of the broadcasts on the NHL network?

I got setup with StarChoice this summer for this very reason, I personally couldn't find a single US provider who offered CBC/TSN/RogersSportsnet feeds in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts