Tiered Pricing for DTV HD pacakge??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hokie1994

Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Havent posted on here in a long time...been lurking for over a year....so long that I had to register again....

I called DT today and inquired about upgrading my older HD boxes (2 of them) and dish to be ready for the new HD channel rollout. Initially they said that I would have to pay $99 each plus S&H. I told them that that was crazy that when I purchased by boxes over two years ago that I was promised a free upgrade if DTV ever upgraded their system...yadda 3:mad: i've read others on here with similar stories)

I aksed to speak with a supervisor...he offered to give me one receiver for free...a bit better. He explained that he could not give me the 2nd HD recevier for free because after the new channel rollout I would still be able to get the "basic" HD channels on my old receiver...and thus would not qualify for a free upgrade. He told me that there would be an additional charge for the "expanded lineup" of HD channles. I asked how much that would be and he said he did not know. :(
Has anyone else been told this by somebody at DTV? Seems like they are lining up to charge more for the expanded HD offerings...

I had 2 Sony SAT-HD300's. They gave me an HD DVR, new dish with install for free, and had me pay just shipping for the second new HD Receiver. I had my old setup for 2-3 years before that, not sure if that made a difference. They first tried to get me to pay 100 or 199, can't remember for the HD DVR until I said, cable wanted me to switch to them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)