tiger woods in car crash

Since when does driving a Lincoln, wearing a Tag watch, drinking Gatorade and wearing Nike clothing show that you are morally good or bad?
As we've seen the recent announcements made by his current sponsors whether or not to keep Woods, it's obvious that he got these deals and built his wealth on the perception that he was a morally good person. Do you really think he would have he gotten all of these deals otherwise??

Phil Knight has too much invested in the whole Nike Golf line to drop him now, not to mention the billions Woods has already made for him over the years. Other than Nike (which at least is directly related to golf) why would you want Woods endorsing your company right now when the first thing you think of when you see him is the scandal??

The other day when Christmas Shopping at Nordstrom, they had a rack exclusively devoted to Tiger Woods' Nike Golf Apparel. All the golf shirts were marked down to $25- $30 (regular $50+).

Oh, don't even start.

BTW, a golfer is 10x the athlete as the guy turning a steering wheel.

you know how heavy those stock cars are? like to see you hop into a car, driver 180 plus miles per hour, for 500 miles plus worry about whether or not some bozo will plow your rear end.

As we've seen the recent announcements made by his current sponsors whether or not to keep Woods, it's obvious that he got these deals and built his wealth on the perception that he was a morally good person. Do you really think he would have he gotten all of these deals otherwise??

Phil Knight has too much invested in the whole Nike Golf line to drop him now, not to mention the billions Woods has already made for him over the years. Other than Nike (which at least is directly related to golf) why would you want Woods endorsing your company right now when the first thing you think of when you see him is the scandal??

but phil knight says when woods career is over, this will only be a minor blip on the radar. yet, and i have some pristine swamp land in south florida, i'll sell you.

PLeeeeeese .......

You seem to thing that the NASCAR guys don't need to be in shape ?

Think again ...... IF your any good you are.

They have strength and conditioning coaches for not only the drivers but for the pit crew too.

Phil Knight has too much invested in the whole Nike Golf line to drop him now, not to mention the billions Woods has already made for him over the years.

I think Eldrick wasn't dropped because he's insignificant to NIKE.

If you poke around the CNBC website, I think you can probably find a story or a video clip that mirrors a segment that was on Closing Bell a day or two ago. Eldrick only appeared in like 4% of Nike's ads in 2009, meaning to me that Nike was well diversified in their endorsers/ad themes and didn't heavily center their marketing using Eldrick. Eldrick appeared in like 83% of Accenture's 2009 ads, 23 percent of Gatorade's 2009 ads, and like 9% of Gillette's 2009 ads, if I recall the numbers correctly from that tv segment.

edit: a link to a video segment:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1360704530

Last edited:
but phil knight says when woods career is over, this will only be a minor blip on the radar. yet, and i have some pristine swamp land in south florida, i'll sell you.

It will be a minor blip. Michael Jordan was hanging with gamblers and was a major womanizer.....do they talk about his womanizer and gambling days ??!!

Nope....."blip"

Though I do agree with you....I think they mean who has dominated their sport the most....

Well, unlike Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year award, which can be subject to individual interpretation, this award is called ATHLETE of the decade.

Must less subjective, so those of us who believe a golfer is a sportsman, but not an athlete, have a problem with the Athlete of the Decade title.

Sandra

Why isn't Lance considered an athlete in your opinion? Cyclists have to be one of the most conditioned human beings on earth.

While you can consider him an athlete if you like, IMHO he is certainly not an athlete in the same context as baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer, tennis, etc. players are.

And again, I love Lance Armstrong. I'm a triathlete, but even if I won every race I entered I am not an athlete either, at least not in the same sense as Mia Hamm, Serena Williams, Diana Taurasi, etc. are.

Am I in good shape and extremely conditioned? Yes. Can I come close to doing what they do? Not a chance. Nobody plays defense on you in a triathlon.

Sandra

Sorry. Had to post this...too funny.

9december09colornolajpg-f91411f504c89873_large.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts