"Tiger Woods launches effort to repair image"

Who cares...he makes golf interesting when he wins. If you wanna worry about whether he is father or husband of the year material, then knock yourself out.

salsadancer7 said:
Who cares...he makes golf interesting when he wins. If you wanna worry about whether he is father or husband of the year material, then knock yourself out.

I agree. Why are people so obsessed with Tiger's personal life? It's not like he Roethlisbergered any of these women.

1 - I was watching golf long before Mr. Woods showed up and will be watching it long after he is gone.

2 - Golf is better when he is bad. Watching one guy lap the field is appealing to frontrunner fans who will move on to the next thing next week. Meanwhile the sport alienates its core.

3 - Woods, and I could care less about his sex life or any other part of his life, reminds me of a typical criminal defendant in court, who is really sorry. That he got caught.

4 - Golf is the world's best game, and most difficult. Woods is at the age where most of the greats started to decline. Will the last half of his regular tour career be more like that of JN or like that of AP. Can Woods deal with being one of the best 10 or 12 golfers and winning maybe a major every couple of years? Can he do something for the game, or will he just take his money and go away?

salsadancer7 said:

So it's OK to call Mayweather an @SS for ducking a fight (which I agree), but when it comes to Tiger we can only discuss his Tour play?

2 - Golf is better when he is bad. Watching one guy lap the field is appealing to frontrunner fans who will move on to the next thing next week. Meanwhile the sport alienates its core. What was fun we he wins as not HE winning per say, but how the field reacts, how they bring it up a notch. And as far as "alienates it's core" ...what rating were YOU watch?

3 - Woods, and I could care less about his sex life or any other part of his life, reminds me of a typical criminal defendant in court, who is really sorry. That he got caught. You must have him confused with some of the criminals in football....he did not not do anything wrong according to the law....and mind you, nothing NEW.

4 - Golf is the world's best game, and most difficult. Woods is at the age where most of the greats started to decline. Will the last half of his regular tour career be more like that of JN or like that of AP. Can Woods deal with being one of the best 10 or 12 golfers and winning maybe a major every couple of years? Can he do something for the game, or will he just take his money and go away? I love golf too, but it being the "best game and most difficult" ...that can be debated forever. Have you ever played baseball at a high level? I played college level and I had at one point a lower teens handicap...trying to hit a baseball at 90+ miles per hour is MUCH MORE difficult than hitting a ball teed up.....

Those are my two cents....;)

So it's OK to call Mayweather an @SS for ducking a fight (which I agree), but when it comes to Tiger we can only discuss his Tour play?

You can call Tiger ALL you want. See, there difference is....the ONLY reason I like him IS for his golf. All the other stuff does not mean jacksquat to me. NOBODY gave a sh** about his private life INCLUDING those that hated him until he did something wrong....and now, that is ALL they talk about. Believe me when I tell you, what he has gone through...he deserves. But please, let's not all sit here and PRETEND you guys that do no like him for his fatherly traits or how great a husband he was....none of you really gave a damn about Tiger OUTSIDE the golf course....:rolleyes:

Isn't this the first PGA season Eldrick has played that he didn't win a least one tournament??
You missed the key point: he doesn't need to win anything if he "redefines" what winning means...:D

I believe he will go down in history as the-schmuck-with-too-long-a-dick-and-too-little-brains-that-could...:)

Diogen.

...Why are people so obsessed with Tiger's personal life? It's not like he Roethlisbergered any of these women.

OR like Brett Favre that sent picks of his "Little Brett" to women while his wife was going through chemo for cancer...:rolleyes:
And there have been many more that are just as bad or worse:

Like Kobe Bryant who sees them, then will forcibly squeeze them, then illegally grease them to avoid prison. Or from the past, like Lance Rentzel who liked to show his pencil to 10 year old girls. ;)

You missed the key point: he doesn't need to win anything if he "redefines" what winning means...:D

I believe he will go down in history as the-schmuck-with-too-long-a-dick-and-too-little-brains-that-could...:)

Diogen.

..AND as one of the greatest golfers of ALL time......so the end of your statement isn't "too-little-brains-that-could"....more like "that-DID"!:p

Diogen.

How do you know how long his d!@K is? :confused:

What a weird thing to post.

There's the issue. Isn't this the first PGA season Eldrick has played that he didn't win a least one tournament??
Yes, and his lackadaisical performance on-the-course is most certainly attributed to his performance off-the-course (or intercourse for that matter). :rolleyes: Personally, I actually "liked" Tiger Woods, or at least the image he presented to the public, prior to the time his shenanigans and monkey-shines were revealed. To be honest, I couldn't care less what he does in his private life---or that he got caught with his pants down (no pun intended)---but if you're going to lie & cheat...please, please, please don't play the Phoney Baloney, "I too am a victim" (sexaholic), holier than thou crappola card; it's a sham! and most people aren't that stupid. Heck, I wouldn't have thought much less of Tiger Woods had he had acted more like Charlie Sheen after getting caught - just "man up" and stop hiding behind your mother, your dead father, and a gaggle of Team Tiger publicists and image consultants. This latest image repair campaign is more proof that just he doesn't get it. ;)

Additionally, Tiger probably earns 50-times more through endorsements and similar business arrangements than he goes on Tour. After all, his fans didn't drive a Buick...lace-up a pair of Nike shoes and dawn other overpriced apparel...and guzzle some putrid sports drink because these products would make them win on tour - no, they purchased these products because Tiger endorsed them and people respected the man. Myth busted! Mr. Woods will never again reach Babe Ruth status because, unlike Tiger, the Babe was a genuine person. He was the best at his sport; he was warm and personable; he loved children...and he drank like a fish and chased more skirts than he ever hit home runs. And the fans loved him for it. Our sports figures don't have to live their lives like Sparky Anderson...but they can't be two-faced, narcissistic, a-holes! Only a jackaninny would blindly tolerate such conduct by these types of people. I'm just calling it as I see it. C'est la vie! :cool:

P.S. if this matter were truly about "Tiger the golfer" then why and the heck is he launching an effort to repair his image?

..AND as one of the greatest golfers of ALL time......so the end of your statement isn't "too-little-brains-that-could"....more like "that-DID"!:p
Hey, if Florida expert-turn-prophet "Believe me when I tell you..." says so, who am I to argue...:eek:
P.S. if this matter were truly about "Tiger the golfer" then why and the heck is he launching an effort to repair his image?
What a bad habit of asking smart questions...:)
Now watch as the Florida pure golf lovers cover it with... you know what.

Diogen.

Hey, if Florida expert-turn-prophet "Believe me when I tell you..." says so, who am I to argue...:eek:

What a bad habit of asking smart questions...:)
Now watch as the Florida pure golf lovers cover it with... you know what.

Diogen.
An even better question is how well will Tiger perform next year? Tiger is not used to not winning...and it will interesting to see if he can return to his championship form.

Because media threw the 1st salvo. They could have easily made it clear that this was a private matter and therefore let Tiger, His wife and their lawyers handle the situation. The media made their money to sell papers/magazines with HIS personal life....why can't he use the media to HIS advantage? What IS good for the goose....ah hell, you know the rest.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts