"Tiger Woods launches effort to repair image"

An even better question is how well will Tiger perform next year? Tiger is not used to not winning...and it will interesting to see if he can return to his championship form.

THAT is the million dollar question, I would not doubt if he plays more next year than he has ever played in his career.

Mr. Woods will never again reach Babe Ruth status because, unlike Tiger, the Babe was a genuine person. He was the best at his sport; he was warm and personable; he loved children...and he drank like a fish and chased more skirts than he ever hit home runs. And the fans loved him for it.
I think this is sort of "photogenic" in behavior... I'm not sure this can be developed. Or fixed, for that matter.

Woods isn't. Doesn't get it. Most likely never will.

To "man up" like Sheen? You must be kiddin'...

Diogen.

I think this is sort of "photogenic" in behavior... I'm not sure this can be developed. Or fixed, for that matter.

Woods isn't. Doesn't get it. Most likely never will.

To "man up" like Sheen? You must be kiddin'...

Diogen.

Like WHO??!! Charlies Sheen?? You kidding right?! LOL!! Since when has he ever "manned up"??!! He was caught...and has not stopped and keeps getting caught. Sheen's laundry list is ENDLESS. Sheen makes Tiger Woods look like the Pope compared to what he has done and CONTINUES to do. Too funny! ....Charlie Sheen.....? LMAO!!!

And you make Sheen look like a celibate with your reading comprehension abilities.
Must be something with the Florida water...

Diogen.

Wait....hmmm....IF am not mistaken, you made the comment stating that Sheen has "manned up" ...not I. I am just riding the wave of YOUR comments chuckles. Going with YOUR flow...;):cool:

The media made their money to sell papers/magazines with HIS personal life....
...except, HE sold HIS personal life to the highest bidders years ago...probably been paid over 1 billion dollars for this sacrifice over his career. Oh, and let's not forget that Tiger made money off the papers/magazines when he sold his carefully orchestrated "Happy Family Man" photos ...all the while his cocktail waitresses were washing his balls and making his putter stand on end. "Hiyooooo!"

tiger-woods.jpg

Sorry, but I'm not buying the Tiger defense... ;)

Wait....hmmm....IF am not mistaken, you made the comment stating that Sheen has "manned up" ...not I. I am just riding the wave of YOUR comments chuckles. Going with YOUR flow...;):cool:
No...I did, and it actually came out the wrong way. Sometimes I crack me up! :D My point was that Charlie Waffles doesn't make (m)any excuses for what he does...he is what he is and we all know what he is. ;)

No...I did, and it actually came out the wrong way. Sometimes I crack me up! :D My point was that Charlie Waffles doesn't make (m)any excuses for what he does...he is what he is and we all know what he is. ;)

Charlie issues have been drugs from day one. And at no point in his life has he stopped getting in trouble. From "accidently" shooting his 1st wife to beatin' them crap outta his last one. Sorry, they are noth even in them same league.....much less them same neighborhood.

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

...except, HE sold HIS personal life to the highest bidders years ago...probably been paid over 1 billion dollars for this sacrifice over his career. Oh, and let's not forget that Tiger made money off the papers/magazines when he sold his carefully orchestrated "Happy Family Man" photos ...all the while his cocktail waitresses were washing his balls and making his putter stand on end. "Hiyooooo!"

tiger-woods.jpg

Sorry, but I'm not buying the Tiger defense... ;)

He didn't offer the family man life.....magazines were desperate for anything that didn't involve Tiger on the golf course.....that storyline was old and boring with nothing new to add.....so he gave it to them. Eventhough he was popping waitresses likely tic-tacs, I am sure he still loved his wife....likely MANY MEN that cheat on their wives. Sorry to disappoint the haters, but he did not invent cheating on your wife....he did not do anything different that any egotistical multi-millionaire has not done in them past.

There is a big difference between actors and athletes. Most actors, those who open their pieholes about politics being the major exception, just act. They play a character. You watch the show and enjoy the character. Off stage they might be a drunk, a scientoligist, a cross-dresser, a Canadian, whatever. It really has nothing to do with what they do for a living. As long as they don't tell me who to vote for or what brand of corn flakes to buy, I could not care less about what they do off work time.

The modern athletes, expecially ones in individual sports, make their real money from endorcements. To his credit, Woods has rightly avoided politics, but he is featured daily telling people to buy Nike s**t, Buick crapmobiles, AT&T, etc, etc, etc. He puts his reputation on the line, and he thus if I, the customer who is always right, want to avoid Nike et al because of Woods, then that is my business. Further, if I am smart enough, and I and pretty much everybody with one exception, am that smart, to see that everything Woods has done since he got caught by his wife is a scripted skit and act, that is my business.

Woods is bad for golf, just as Ali was bad for boxing and McEnroe was for tennis. The frontrunners will (already have) move on to be "big fans" of the next thing, and leave golf standing around wondering where the old customer base went. The ones it squeezed out and forgot about.

....he did not do anything different that any egotistical multi-millionaire has not done in them past.

Hey, I agree with this statement. :) But I don't generally like egotistical, narcissistic, multi-millionaire douchebags - it makes it extremely difficult to cheer for them on the golf course. ;) IMO, Tiger's unique combination of ego and sexaholism leads me to coin a new word...egotestical. :D

There is a big difference between actors and athletes. Most actors, those who open their pieholes about politics being the major exception, just act. They play a character. You watch the show and enjoy the character. Off stage they might be a drunk, a scientoligist, a cross-dresser, a Canadian, whatever. It really has nothing to do with what they do for a living. As long as they don't tell me who to vote for or what brand of corn flakes to buy, I could not care less about what they do off work time.

The modern athletes, expecially ones in individual sports, make their real money from endorcements. To his credit, Woods has rightly avoided politics, but he is featured daily telling people to buy Nike s**t, Buick crapmobiles, AT&T, etc, etc, etc. He puts his reputation on the line, and he thus if I, the customer who is always right, want to avoid Nike et al because of Woods, then that is my business. Further, if I am smart enough, and I and pretty much everybody with one exception, am that smart, to see that everything Woods has done since he got caught by his wife is a scripted skit and act, that is my business.
I share your opinion, but even if I didn't...you're still entitled to think and believe what you wish. Does this make you or me a "hater" for thinking this way? No, it just means we haven't seen nor heard one iota of genuine remorse from Team Tiger and his PR staff...and we're not buying his phoney-baloney story. Seriously, I'm a pretty self-centered/narcissistic type (i.e., a man :rolleyes:) but even I can can through Tiger's story as though it were the ghosts of Donna Reed and Montgomery Clift (sorry, I saw From Here to Eternity the other day). :eek:

Woods is bad for golf, just as Ali was bad for boxing and McEnroe was for tennis. The frontrunners will (already have) move on to be "big fans" of the next thing, and leave golf standing around wondering where the old customer base went. The ones it squeezed out and forgot about.
I disagree...I though Jack, Muhammed, and Mac were good for the game. And I thought Tiger was a breath of fresh air for the game of golf...until he crapped all over the greens and stunk-up the place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts