Tiger Woods withdraws from TPC

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Knee problems, back problems, residual problems from steroid use...welcome to old age, which is 35+ for golfers. Is Tiger crying wolf? It's amazing how nobody new of these "injuries" until Tiger Woods schlepped all over the tour.

Source

"Tiger Woods withdrew from The Players Championship on Sunday with an injury that he fears might be a bulging disk in his upper back.
"I've been playing with a bad neck for about a month," Woods said.

After hitting his drive well to the right on the seventh hole, Woods called for an official. He hit his second shot and grimaced, then walked to the middle of the fairway to shake hands with playing partner Jason Bohn before leaving on a golf cart.

Woods had his head bowed for several minutes as he sat in front of his locker, and other times kept his eyes closed as if he were in the middle of a nap before answering questions from three reporters.

"I've been playing through it," Woods said quietly. "I can't play through it anymore."

He said he first felt the injury before the Masters and plans to have an MRI next week. He said he was having a hard time with the pain, and that there was a tingling sensation on his right side down to his fingers. As he was driven off in a golf cart, Woods continuing squeezed his right hand and released his fingers.

"I might have a bulging disk," he said."

They said he could have a bulging disc in his back or a pinched nerve in his neck.

The man may be a wreck but he's happy as long as the sporting world continues to revolve around him.

Even in our highly commercialized times a$$holes sometimes get what they deserve...

Diogen.

If Tiger can't get past the heckler's at The Players Championship, I'd hate to see his reaction to the crowds at the US Open or the Ryder Cup. Those crowds are brutal!

what does him pulling out of the tournament due to a possible major injury have anything to do with a heckler? I mean nowhere does it say that Woods 'demanded' the guy to be tasered for heckling? The guy was drunk and resisted arrest.

what does him pulling out of the tournament due to a possible major injury have anything to do with a heckler? I mean nowhere does it say that Woods 'demanded' the guy to be tasered for heckling? The guy was drunk and resisted arrest.

I was responding to a poster who had a theory that the heckler was the reason Tiger quit, not because of an injury. I guess anyone can speculate, but he does bring up a point. I'm sure he'll be hearing some pretty nasty things from the fans. In no other sport, are fans as close to the athletes as they are at a golf event. If Tiger can't block the fan insults out, he'll never be able to regain the kind of dominance he once had. Because remember, Golf is probably more of a mental game than a physical game.

Tiger Woods is a pain in the neck...

In all fairness the imbibed heckler deserved to be tased...what a moron. Anyway, I am just a little puzzled by Wood's withdrawal due to his conflicting statements. On Friday, after carding a 71, Woods was asked about his knee. “Knee’s good,” he said. Asked if he had any issues at all, Woods replied: “No. zero. Absolutely 100 percent.” However, after withdrawing from the tournament Wood said, “I’ve been playing with a bad neck for quite a while,” adding, “I might have a bulging disk.” He said he first began feeling neck pain before the Masters, where he tied for fourth.

I can only conclude (due to the conflicting statements) that Woods has had enough of the tour and wants to address 300 million of "his" dollars getting ready to be taken by his estranged spouse...and the heckler's comments didn't help matters. In my opinion, Woods feels that he is the victim. His fans have treated him very well since his return, but they are going to turn on him if he doesn't pull his head from his arse.

Woods Withdraws From Players Championship - On Par Blog - NYTimes.com

I wonder if his SUV accident last fall had anything to do with it....

Woods was taken to the hospital Nov. 27 after driving his SUV over a fire hydrant and into a tree, the infamous accident that set off shocking revelations of extramarital affairs that led to his five-month break from golf.

Asked at Augusta what injuries he suffered that night, Woods said, "I had a busted-up lip and a pretty sore neck, and that was it."

In all fairness the imbibed heckler deserved to be tased...what a moron. Anyway, I am just a little puzzled by Wood's withdrawal due to his conflicting statements. On Friday, after carding a 71, Woods was asked about his knee. “Knee’s good,” he said. Asked if he had any issues at all, Woods replied: “No. zero. Absolutely 100 percent.” However, after withdrawing from the tournament Wood said, “I’ve been playing with a bad neck for quite a while,” adding, “I might have a bulging disk.” He said he first began feeling neck pain before the Masters, where he tied for fourth.

I can only conclude (due to the conflicting statements) that Woods has had enough of the tour and wants to address 300 million of "his" dollars getting ready to be taken by his estranged spouse...and the heckler's comments didn't help matters. In my opinion, Woods feels that he is the victim. His fans have treated him very well since his return, but they are going to turn on him if he doesn't pull his head from his arse.

Woods Withdraws From Players Championship - On Par Blog - NYTimes.com

The timing is odd...just sayin'. ;)

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts