Tiger Woods withdraws from TPC

interesting as when he walked 18 holes with what a torn ACL to win that was gutting it out
Now because he was behind and no way to win he uses the "oh I'm hurt" line.

Do you think he would have withdrawn if he was remotely close to winning?

In all fairness the imbibed heckler deserved to be tased...what a moron. Anyway, I am just a little puzzled by Wood's withdrawal due to his conflicting statements. On Friday, after carding a 71, Woods was asked about his knee. “Knee’s good,” he said. Asked if he had any issues at all, Woods replied: “No. zero. Absolutely 100 percent.” However, after withdrawing from the tournament Wood said, “I’ve been playing with a bad neck for quite a while,” adding, “I might have a bulging disk.” He said he first began feeling neck pain before the Masters, where he tied for fourth.

I can only conclude (due to the conflicting statements) that Woods has had enough of the tour and wants to address 300 million of "his" dollars getting ready to be taken by his estranged spouse...and the heckler's comments didn't help matters. In my opinion, Woods feels that he is the victim. His fans have treated him very well since his return, but they are going to turn on him if he doesn't pull his head from his arse.

Woods Withdraws From Players Championship - On Par Blog - NYTimes.com

Then his playing partner John Bohn must ALSO be in the conspiracy:

Yeah, I was a little bit surprised, but once I shook his hand, I could tell he was in some pain...

Q. From a guy that's gone through as many back problems as you have, you can sympathize?

JASON BOHN: Oh, 100 percent, absolutely. When you're talking about your neck, your wrist -- in golf, every little injury, it's hard. There's no question, that -- yeah, when he said it was his neck, I mean, I was just like, you've got to go. Just take care of yourself. Figure out what it is and make sure it doesn't turn into something terrible

Q. What was the exchange when he shook your hand? Do you remember what he said?

JASON BOHN: He just said, "I'm done." Then I kind of inquired about it. I said, "Are you okay?" And he's like, "Well, I'm -- " I said, "Is it your wrist?" And he said, "No, it's my neck." I could tell when he shook his hand he stiffened up.

When your neck hurts it's pretty severe. But you could tell, when he was leaving he was in pain

PGATOUR.COM - What they said: Jason Bohn

...he'll never be able to regain the kind of dominance he once had. Because remember, Golf is probably more of a mental game than a physical game.
Plus, Tiger is now entering the final 2-3 years of his golfing prime and he can no longer win tournaments based solely on his physical abilities. Knee and back problems wreak havoc on the golf swing...and shoulder problems typically start in the late-30s. Plus, there is a lot of really talented (and hungry) young players coming into their own. Jack's 18 major victories may prove to be unreachable. We shall see...

You cut out the most important part of that bold statement. I said IF he can't get his head straight mentally, he will never regain the dominant form he once had. I don't think this was any big revelation either.

I think the heckling will not effect him as much as THIS statement:

.....Tiger is now entering the final 2-3 years of his golfing prime and he can no longer win tournaments based solely on his physical abilities. Knee and back problems wreak havoc on the golf swing...and shoulder problems typically start in the late-30s. Plus, there is a lot of really talented (and hungry) young players coming into their own. Jack's 18 major victories may prove to be unreachable. We shall see...

great post RIFF!

Then his playing partner John Bohn must ALSO be in the conspiracy:
No consipiracy...what Tiger Woods said in interviews is a fact whereas John Bohn's perception of Mr. Woods alleged injury is merely an opinion. Anyone of us can bend over, grab our neck, and wince with a painful expression on our face and convince others that we have an injury. Perhaps Tiger was lying when he said that he was 100% healthy...or perhaps he was lying when he later said he was suffering from a neck injury prior to the Masters. These two statements are mutually exclusive. Of course, if he was lying in the past about his health (we won't go into his being a lying scumbag cheater) then how can anyone believe him now when he says he is injured? It's the tiger crying wolf syndrome!

Also noted in the article, "He did not appear to be in distress early in his round. After hitting his tee shot into a fairway bunker at the first hole, Woods walked down the fairway alongside Bohn and was smiling, leading a fan in the gallery to remark, “At least he’s in a better mood today.” Again, this is merely an obseravation. The only facts we know are that Woods said he was 100% healthy on Thursday and later claimed that he had been suffereing from a neck injury since prior to the Masters. It would appear that Tiger is a liar, malinger, pandering for sympathy, or all the above.

I honestly don't know if Tiger is suffering from an injury or not. All I know is that Tiger Woods is doing nothing to improve his public image.

Plus, Tiger is now entering the final 2-3 years of his golfing prime and he can no longer win tournaments based solely on his physical abilities. Knee and back problems wreak havoc on the golf swing...and shoulder problems typically start in the late-30s. Plus, there is a lot of really talented (and hungry) young players coming into their own. Jack's 18 major victories may prove to be unreachable. We shall see...

Plus, as Cosmo said, Tiger's Thanksgiving night accident could have something to do with his physical problems.

Sandra

However, after withdrawing from the tournament Wood said, “I’ve been playing with a bad neck for quite a while,” adding, “I might have a bulging disk.” He said he first began feeling neck pain before the Masters, where he tied for fourth.
He must have gotten a medical education while in rehab...
I can only conclude (due to the conflicting statements) that Woods has had enough of the tour and wants to address 300 million of "his" dollars getting ready to be taken by his estranged spouse...
Weren't we told by Florida experts here that she doesn't stand a chance...

Diogen.

...I just wanted to add that I think most people are pulling for Tiger since he has sunk pretty low these past few month. However, everything this is guy is doing has been wrong. It's like watching an episode of Seinfeld where George Costanza has an epiphany and realizes that every decision that he has ever made in his life has been wrong and vows to do the exact opposite of what he normally does. :D

He must have gotten a medical education while in rehab...
Weren't we told by Florida experts here that she doesn't stand a chance...

Diogen.
I know nothing about Florida divorce law nor of any agreements signed prior to their marriage. However, I do know that Mrs. Woods life has been forever changed (tabloid fodder) due to Tiger's actions and that he has a $300M net worth and potential to earn millions more. There is no way she doesn't walk away from this with less than 80-100M in my opinion.

I know nothing about Florida divorce law nor of any agreements signed prior to their marriage. However, I do know that Mrs. Woods life has been forever changed (tabloid fodder) due to Tiger's actions and that he has a $300M net worth and potential to earn millions more. There is no way she doesn't walk away from this with less than 80-100M in my opinion.

I have heard his net worth to be in the $900M range.

There are rumors they are both going to divorce lawyers. Until there is something filed. It is just that....rumors. Would I be shocked if they get a divorce? NOPE. Would I be shocked if they stayed together....NOPE. BOTH have tons to lose and gain by doing either.

...but speculating that they WILL divorce is just that.....speculation.

Plus, as Cosmo said, Tiger's Thanksgiving night accident could have something to do with his physical problems.
Tiger addressed this question in a press/promotion conference this afternoon. He said the accident had nothing to do with his current injury, but who knows. Offhand, the accident/incident happened 5 1/2 months ago and we would heard if he had suffered a major injury. Personally, I think the stress and is taking its toll on Tiger.

There are rumors they are both going to divorce lawyers. Until there is something filed. It is just that....rumors. Would I be shocked if they get a divorce? NOPE. Would I be shocked if they stayed together....NOPE. BOTH have tons to lose and gain by doing either.

...but speculating that they WILL divorce is just that.....speculation.
Although possible, I would be surprised if they stayed together. But how knows...

Tiger addressed this question in a press/promotion conference this afternoon. He said the accident had nothing to do with his current injury, but who knows. Offhand, the accident/incident happened 5 1/2 months ago and we would heard if he had suffered a major injury. Personally, I think the stress and is taking its toll on Tiger.
Yeah, he worked out too hard, that's it!! :p

I sat on a civil jury a few years ago where a driver was hit from behind, suffered neck "discomfort" at the time of the accident and periodically later until 6-7 months later when the pain became unbearable. After listening to medical experts we came to the conclusion that the pain was caused by the accident. So, it could be true in Eldrick's case too...

Knee problems, back problems, residual problems from steroid use...welcome to old age, which is 35+ for golfers. Is Tiger crying wolf? It's amazing how nobody new of these "injuries" until Tiger Woods schlepped all over the tour.

Source

"Tiger Woods withdrew from The Players Championship on Sunday with an injury that he fears might be a bulging disk in his upper back.
"I've been playing with a bad neck for about a month," Woods said.

After hitting his drive well to the right on the seventh hole, Woods called for an official. He hit his second shot and grimaced, then walked to the middle of the fairway to shake hands with playing partner Jason Bohn before leaving on a golf cart.

Woods had his head bowed for several minutes as he sat in front of his locker, and other times kept his eyes closed as if he were in the middle of a nap before answering questions from three reporters.

"I've been playing through it," Woods said quietly. "I can't play through it anymore."

He said he first felt the injury before the Masters and plans to have an MRI next week. He said he was having a hard time with the pain, and that there was a tingling sensation on his right side down to his fingers. As he was driven off in a golf cart, Woods continuing squeezed his right hand and released his fingers.

"I might have a bulging disk," he said."

I heard it wasn't a bulging disk, but a bulging d**k! :eek:

After all, Tiger was used to a certain lifestyle for a while. Perhaps that certain something missing in his life is the reason his game has been off.

He's done. I bet he never plays again.

He's finished. He's like Shirley Booth after a six pack. He's wasted.

Last edited:
I heard it wasn't a bulging disk, but a bulging d**k! :eek:

After all, Tiger was used to a certain lifestyle for a while. Perhaps that certain something missing in his life is the reason his game has been off.

ACTUALLY, someone slipped and actually said that!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH7UotkO5eo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Reporter slip up "Tiger Woods Has Bulging Dick"[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts