Tigers vs Cardinals in world series

Paul Wozniak said:
OK, now I'm starting to get a little scared.
Relax,
No need to get scared... Leyland will get it straightened out.

btw, you really should just sit back and enjoy it, they've already won 15-20 more games than what was expected.

Last year I was thinking about all the teams that seam to come out of nowhere to win, Like the Chi Sox last year, and keep thinking will the Tigers time ever come ?
Well this appears to be thier year, but they have the pitching to continue to do it seeing most are still young and just coming into thier own.
Also, Mr Illich will improve the team further over the winter, he said once they show enough to be competative , he will open up the wallet and add whoever we need., and he has started to do that now.... Mr. Dombrowski ought to be happy now :)

Jimbo

You're right, this has exceeded all expectations. I figured 90 wins if they stayed healthy at the start of the season. I still believe they'll make the playoffs on the strength of their pitching. As to how far they will go, who can say. In a best of five, anyone can win. Sox comparison is a good one. I kept waiting for them to fall last year, and we all know how that turned out. GO TIGERS!

sidekick said:
This week is the Tigers vs. the Yankees. I have no idea who to root for.....
Lets see,
Your in Sunny Ca.
The Yanks have plenty of fans and bandwagoneers as well....... Not sure where they were the last 5-6 years when they struggled, but thats ok.
It's easy being a Yankees fan when they are in the playoffs every year.

You can root for the Tigers this week !!!!
Thank you !!!

Even if I wasn't aTigers fan I'd be sick and tired of the Yankees. It's easy to be a contender year in and year out, when you have the money to buy the best players in the game. Besises, I thought everyone loved an underdog (TIGERS).

riffjim4069 said:
Tigers are my favorite team, but Yankees are my second favorite teams...just for defeating the Rebels.:rolleyes: Seriously, I'm bummed this evenings game was rained out.
I am actually kinda glad because I ended going down the BG to help my neice out at the university, so I would have missed it...
However, I hope they don't push the rotation back another day, it would be smart to keep the rotation the way it was set and consider this to be Robertsons skipped spot in the rotation like Leyland had mentioned wanting to do for everyone on the staff.

Jimbo

You know, I grew up in Tiger Town and remember well old Briggs Stadium. Heck I even have one of the old green seats with the original padding in my office. Yet, when I moved to NYC in 1976 and made my way to Yankee Stadium I was a quick convert. There's an aura around the place that can't be matched. Even the subway ride from Manhattan to the Bronx was cool cause you knew it was packed with Yankee fans that weren't about to take any crap from anybody lol.

In 1981 I had the last seat in the stadium for the Yankees/Dodgers world series. Remember the game when Tommy John was taken out and the fans booed in disbelief? I was in the very last seat in the corner of left field in the middle of October, yet it was a thrill because it was the Yankees. Of course there was the obligatory pummeling of some Dodger fans who foolishly started rooting out of control when it was clear the Dodgers were going to win. But wait, I digress ....Though I still have a fond place in my heart for the Tigers. I'll be rooting for the Yankees.

Nice two out homer in the top of the ninth by Monroe last night - clutch! Let's hope the Tigers do a better job of getting home the runs in the middle innings against Johnson.

My biased prediction: I think the Tigers are do for a big performance against Johnson.:)

riffjim4069 said:
Nice two out homer in the top of the ninth by Monroe last night - clutch! Let's hope the Tigers do a better job of getting home the runs in the middle innings against Johnson.

My biased prediction: I think the Tigers are do for a big performance against Johnson.:)
Glad I'm not betting on your predictions !!!
5 hits ...... sad

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak said:
Jimbos, is it too early to start UM-OSU trash talk?
Oh NO it's definatly not to early,
I figure as soon as the Tigers are out of it , is the time to start ....
Oh wait, thier still in it this year.

Jimbo

Geez, I wish these guys would get back on track. Jimbos, got your message, good to know we have another piece of common ground( a dislike for Notre Dame).

Paul Wozniak said:
Geez, I wish these guys would get back on track. Jimbos, got your message, good to know we have another piece of common ground( a dislike for Notre Dame).
Except when they play michigan !!!

Jimbo

Another night where the Tigers refused to work the count. They're just swinging at anything. What was the point of the pinch runner for Maggs if the guy wasn't going to run? Hooper had a good lead against a righthanded wild man and a poor throwing catcher, and he just sat there watching the batters flail away at pitches in the dirt. The pressure of this race seems to be mounting on our hitters. I hope Leyland can rein these guys in before it's too late.

Why would a team drop in the rankings

POKER? Why????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)