Tigers vs Cardinals in world series

While we're congratulating the Cards - how about a some recognition for the St Louis fans. It seems to be fairly typical for some fans to nuts and try to burn the city down in response to their team winning the championship. Not so with St. Louis. The police were out of course, just in case - and bored to death from what I've read. St Louis has always had the best fans in Baseball.

I think that was cover here :

riffjim4069

Congrats to the Cardinals and their fans...

I also mentioned the fans in a previous post.

Jimbo

Just an interesting tidbit: St. Louis was just voted the #1 most dangerous city in the American, followed closely by Detroit the #2 most dangerous city in America. Apparently this years Series featured the two most violent cities in the country. It's hard to believe that a young fresh-faced version of me (7 year old) used to ride his Schwinn Stingray under the Detroit city lights most summer nights without worry. That was the summer of '69.

Just an interesting tidbit: St. Louis was just voted the #1 most dangerous city in the American, followed closely by Detroit the #2 most dangerous city in America. Apparently this years Series featured the two most violent cities in the country. It's hard to believe that a young fresh-faced version of me (7 year old) used to ride his Schwinn Stingray under the Detroit city lights most summer nights without worry. That was the summer of '69.

I had NO IDEA that St. Louis was up on top of the list for most dangerous, I wiould have never guessed that, of course the media and TV like to talk about how bad Detroit is, never hear anything about other cities and have NEVER heard St. Louis mentioned.

Jimbo

I had NO IDEA that St. Louis was up on top of the list for most dangerous, I wiould have never guessed that, of course the media and TV like to talk about how bad Detroit is, never hear anything about other cities and have NEVER heard St. Louis mentioned.

Jimbo
Yep, take a look at this article. It's nice to see that Troy and Famington Hills are among the safest.

Hey guys, the city I live in is completely surrounded by DETROIT! Yet we have a rather low crime rate, if you ignore the stolen car rate, (we may be no. 1 in the nation in that department, short drive out of a city of 2 sq. miles). I call Hamtramck the DMZ.

I moved from Detroit City to Farmington, Farmington Hills, and then West Bloomfield. A great deal of what was then Farmington back in the early 70s was on the outskirts, with much of the development having occured during the late 50s and mid-60s --> just a stones throw from the sticks. I could see corn fields outside my bedroom window when I lived in Farmingtonn Hills and West Bloomfield in the late 70s.

Sidekick, the only problem with living in Farmington during the 50s and 60s is that Michigan football stuck during the Bump Elliot era.

Farmington was a great place to live. I lived by 10 mile & Farmington Road. Went to the Founders Days Festivals every July. Saw the Pistons with Dave Bing and Big Bob lanier. The Lions with Alex Karras & Joe Schmidt and of course the Tigers with McLain, Kaline and Norm Cash. It really wasn't darm land though. Merriman Road was a dirt road till the mid-60's. I played in rock bands in bars around town till I moved to NYC to play professionally. I still go back to Farmington every now and then to see friends and to Livonia to see family. One thing I don't miss is the weather. Hated scraping ice off windshields ...lol Hey Riff , remember Cass Lake???:)

I moved from Detroit City to Farmington, Farmington Hills, and then West Bloomfield. A great deal of what was then Farmington back in the early 70s was on the outskirts, with much of the development having occured during the late 50s and mid-60s --> just a stones throw from the sticks. I could see corn fields outside my bedroom window when I lived in Farmingtonn Hills and West Bloomfield in the late 70s.

Sidekick, the only problem with living in Farmington during the 50s and 60s is that Michigan football stuck during the Bump Elliot era.

I bet you guys are glad you did not win now we would have killed all of you!! LOL
have no idea where that came from. we are are like any other big( or semi big) city. we have problems, but never knew it was that bad, and its not.

I bet you guys are glad you did not win now we would have killed all of you!! LOL
have no idea where that came from. we are are like any other big( or semi big) city. we have problems, but never knew it was that bad, and its not.

Well thats good to hear,
I always hear about how bad Detroit is, but everytime I've been up there I have never had any problems, except for the fact that none of the gas station attendants
speak english, btw, I also found that out SW of Columbus as well, the 1st time I was headed for Reynoldsburg, I guess you get that everywhere. unfortunatly

Jimbo

The Cards rule....for one year anyway. I got a ticket for game 5 on Ebay for $380. Money well spent. I can now say I've been to the series. Anyone else make it there?

I did not, but there are a lot of people here that DID make it to at least one game.

Jimbo

I WAS AT ALL THE HOME GAMES. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE WINNING THE WS!! I WAS AT THE SUPER BOWL WHEN WE WON(WAS THERE WHEN WE LOST TOO, THAT SUCKED) BUT WS ARE BETTER, ITS ALL HOME FANS THE ELECTRICY IS MAGIC!!

I WOULD BE THERE FOR THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP, BUT WE DONT HAVE A TEAM! LOL

AND FOR THE CUP, IT GETS OLD AFTER WINNING SO MANNY. OH, WAIT, THATS YOU GUYS! LOL

I WAS AT ALL THE HOME GAMES. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE WINNING THE WS!! I WAS AT THE SUPER BOWL WHEN WE WON(WAS THERE WHEN WE LOST TOO, THAT SUCKED) BUT WS ARE BETTER, ITS ALL HOME FANS THE ELECTRICY IS MAGIC!!

I WOULD BE THERE FOR THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP, BUT WE DONT HAVE A TEAM! LOL

AND FOR THE CUP, IT GETS OLD AFTER WINNING SO MANNY. OH, WAIT, THATS YOU GUYS! LOL

Well at least you have a good golie now !!!

Jimbo