Tigers vs Cardinals in world series

Zoom, Zoom, Zumaya is warming up !!!

Personally, I hope he lets Kenny stay in as long as he can ....

I am floored that they took Weaver out, with only 85 pitches

Jimbo

Last edited:
FOX is always touting thier new toys for events like this to distract the viewer,
How's come we have not seen the MPH box up there, it was there thru out the first 2 series (es) ?

I notice that the MPH box is now active again...

Last edited:
lol ... I'm about 60 miles north of Los Angeles. Can't stand the place. The only thing good about Los Angeles is ... err ... ahh.. I'll get back to you on that one. It might take a while to come up with something good about L.A. :D

LOL, if not i will send u a pizza! as far as pitching, we dont have a bob gibson on our staff, who does? but remember carlton, back then was only good, he was not the superstar he became as a phillie. and yes your pitching is good now, but wouldnt you take mcclain and lolich on your roster now? and about us beating you and you not loosing, thats was for paul.. keep warm on your limb, oh your in la...well breathe well! lol

I know I called for the sweep for the Tigers in this series, but I think they can take the next three from the Cards. Their bats were turning on again last night, and will only improve.

I still do not understand why Leyland put Verlander on the mound for game 1 instead of the veteran who has been setting the tone for the rest of the pitching staff in the post season.

Oh well. Here is hoping the warmer St. Louis weather is good for Robertson's Breaking balls!

Dantheman, you really should have gone back a few posts to find my warning before the series about the effects of week long layoff would have on the Tigers. Reyes was lights out in game 1, and Verlander certainly was not the pitcher we seen the rest of the season. We most certainly were out pitched and out played, and dare i say it - out managed in game 1. But now game 2 is over. What do you think now. Our hitters have shook th 7 day layoff (though we stranded a ton of runners), and what did you think about Mr. Rogers? Best of 5 now, and I stand by my prediction: TIGERS in 5!

Dantheman, you really should have gone back a few posts to find my warning before the series about the effects of week long layoff would have on the Tigers. Reyes was lights out in game 1, and Verlander certainly was not the pitcher we seen the rest of the season. We most certainly were out pitched and out played, and dare i say it - out managed in game 1. But now game 2 is over. What do you think now. Our hitters have shook th 7 day layoff (though we stranded a ton of runners), and what did you think about Mr. Rogers? Best of 5 now, and I stand by my prediction: TIGERS in 5!

ok . you were outplayed in game one, that was my point. we were out played in game 2 and you won. weaver should have CHEATED in the first inning, might have changed the outcome........LOL just kidding. though it does raise eyebrows. if rogers was trying to do something funny, that is a digrace, but after the first inning he was great. with our record vs leftys why would he even bother! yes you guys were good in game 2.
what do i think now?? i think we play game 3 in st louis. you think your are going to sweep us at home, vs reigning cy young award winner and suppan who has been better then great in his last 10(??) or so starts. by your comments i think you still think the lost was " inevitable" that there is no way we could beat you on our own. well maybe we lost game 2 because we were tired after playing so many games with out a break due to 2 rainouts. im NOT saying that, i dont make excuses. you beat us in game 2 becaues rogers was great. we beat you in game 1 becaues reyes was great. nothing to do with being to rested or to tired. and its not like u killed us in game 2. we had the go ahead run on first when the game ended. we beat you more convincingly in game 1 then you beat us in game 2. oh yeah, you were to well rested.

PLAY BALL!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

Last edited:

I would not say the Tigers were out pitched in game one, I would say it was even. The only difference was that Verlander had 4 runs on his 4 hits. 8 Strikeouts is very good in the World Series. If Detroit's Bats were on, we would be saying Verlander was great in game one.

That is not intended to take anything away from Reyes, he pitched very well. But it looks like the week of rest for the Tigers' bats was too long.

ok . you were outplayed in game one, that was my point. we were out played in game 2 and you won. weaver should have CHEATED in the first inning, might have changed the outcome........LOL just kidding. though it does raise eyebrows. if rogers was trying to do something funny, that is a digrace, but after the first inning he was great. with our record vs leftys why would he even bother! yes you guys were good in game 2.
what do i think now?? i think we play game 3 in st louis. you think your are going to sweep us at home, vs reigning cy young award winner and suppan who has been better then great in his last 10(??) or so starts. by your comments i think you still think the lost was " inevitable" that there is no way we could beat you on our own. well maybe we lost game 2 because we were tired after playing so many games with out a break due to 2 rainouts. im NOT saying that, i dont make excuses. you beat us in game 2 becaues rogers was great. we beat you in game 1 becaues reyes was great. nothing to do with being to rested or to tired. and its not like u killed us in game 2. we had the go ahead run on first when the game ended. we beat you more convincingly in game 1 then you beat us in game 2. oh yeah, you were to well rested.

PLAY BALL!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

i take back alot of what i said. after what we saw today, the pics form other games with same spot in the same place, come on. i take the "if" out. rogers is a cheater and a liar, and he put another black eye on baseball. shame on him!!
well i just put a big rant in the did kenny rogers cheat thread, no need to repeat it hear. im sorry for us guys, the fans. no matter who wins, this series is tainted.
this thread is now called tigers vs cardinals in ws. it started off as a tigers only thread. i think im the only cardinal fan who post alot, so i know most of you will think this is sour grapes because we lost, and i understand your point of veiw, but try putting your foot in my shoe, reverse it and see who you feel.
anyway, the series is no where near over( though manny of you thought it was over before the first CLEAN pitch was thrown! LOL)

PLAY BALL!!

GO CARDINALS!!

i take back alot of what i said. after what we saw today, the pics form other games with same spot in the same place, come on. i take the "if" out. rogers is a cheater and a liar, and he put another black eye on baseball. shame on him!!
well i just put a big rant in the did kenny rogers cheat thread, no need to repeat it hear. im sorry for us guys, the fans. no matter who wins, this series is tainted.
this thread is now called tigers vs cardinals in ws. it started off as a tigers only thread. i think im the only cardinal fan who post alot, so i know most of you will think this is sour grapes because we lost, and i understand your point of veiw, but try putting your foot in my shoe, reverse it and see who you feel.
anyway, the series is no where near over( though manny of you thought it was over before the first CLEAN pitch was thrown! LOL)

PLAY BALL!!

GO CARDINALS!!
How much did he cheat in innings 2-8 when you only had 1 hit off him ? The Cards looked better in the 1st inning than they did the rest of the game.

BTW, if thet ws the case , why didn't LaRussa say ANYTHING ??? Because he doesn't want the Tigers checking Carpenter and Suppan for cheating thats why.

Also, there are TONS of pitchers in the HOF that cheated one way or the other.

Boy Kenny better learn to cheat a whole lot better, seeing the pitched better after the 1st inning...

Get over it,
you still don't know what it was and it was not pine tar, pine tar would get hard in the cold weather and be pretty useless, he would have to be putting more and more on every inning.

Carpenter and Suppan might be great, too bad they didn't put your # 1 against our number 1 and so forth.
You should win game 3 easily, Robertson is Detroit's number 4 pitcher...

Jimbo

How much did he cheat in innings 2-8 when you only had 1 hit off him ? The Cards looked better in the 1st inning than they did the rest of the game.

BTW, if thet ws the case , why didn't LaRussa say ANYTHING ??? Because he doesn't want the Tigers checking Carpenter and Suppan for cheating thats why.

Also, there are TONS of pitchers in the HOF that cheated one way or the other.

Boy Kenny better learn to cheat a whole lot better, seeing the pitched better after the 1st inning...

Get over it,
you still don't know what it was and it was not pine tar, pine tar would get hard in the cold weather and be pretty useless, he would have to be putting more and more on every inning.

Carpenter and Suppan might be great, too bad they didn't put your # 1 against our number 1 and so forth.
You should win game 3 easily, Robertson is Detroit's number 4 pitcher...

Jimbo

get over it??!!! well kiss my ass!!!!

i think u posted here
berfore you did in ROGERS CHEATING LIAR MF post.
i say he STILL had the stuff the WHOLE game, tar or whatever . the fact is, and everybody( outside of the motor city) knows your pitcher CHEATED!!!
does it happen every game, every series, i dont know. but we all know it happen in this one! in the HISTORY of BB ROGERS HAD THE WORST ERA in the playoffs, all of a sudden he is what, 3 innings short of setting the records for most shut out innings?? come on!!!! how does the kool aid taste

again

PLAY (FAIR) BALL

GO CARDINALSA!!!!

BTW: you dont think some video person is looking at carp and supan past games now???? if so, you WILL get the same response!! do i know they never cheated, of course i dont, catch them, i will suppoert there ouster

also, you say that with no proff ( that i know of) fox does have video of that SHITHEAD CHEATER ROGERS CHEATING!!!

also, i dont need a anwser form this, you ask yourselfe this, how did u feel about rogers, that cheating SOB BEFORE he becane a tiger???? he has always ben know as a jack off

Last edited:
get over it??!!! well kiss my ass!!!!

i think u posted here
berfore you did in ROGERS CHEATING LIAR MF post.
i say he STILL had the stuff the WHOLE game, tar or whatever . the fact is, and everybody( outside of the motor city) knows your pitcher CHEATED!!!
does it happen every game, every series, i dont know. but we all know it happen in this one! in the HISTORY of BB ROGERS HAD THE WORST ERA in the playoffs, all of a sudden he is what, 3 innings short of setting the records for most shut out innings?? come on!!!! how does the kool aid taste

again

PLAY (FAIR) BALL

GO CARDINALSA!!!!

Could a mod intervene here before this gets messy???
BTW: you dont think some video person is looking at carp and supan past games now???? if so, you WILL get the same response!! do i know they never cheated, of course i dont, catch them, i will suppoert there ouster

also, you say that with no proff ( that i know of) fox does have video of that SHITHEAD CHEATER ROGERS CHEATING!!!

also, i dont need a anwser form this, you ask yourselfe this, how did u feel about rogers, that cheating SOB BEFORE he becane a tiger???? he has always ben know as a jack off

Hey pal... use spell check!

Hi, im back for a bit now. had a busy day yesterday, then was at the game! I DO LOVE SPORTS!!!! its fun giving, and taking crap from you!!

Paul, im not here to talk about the past! LOL (hey, we did not win a WS with him)i have a sports bar in my basement, my big mac pictures have been replaced.

joedCOCK, tell paul its Mc Gwire, not mcguire!!

hope we win again tonight, if not will be looking forward to getting crap from you all!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts