Tile Roof Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Very nice, looks like it may work as is. In the link you posted it says it can be used for satellite or broadband (Like DirecPC/Way)

I think with some minor reinforcements it will work (On a down sloping roof facing south)

Looks like it can be home made by using the right pieces and sized them accordingly.
I have a few metel shop around me that can perhaps do that same shape for way less. It's an idea of course. :D

Darkside said:
Does anyone knows of something similar for a 90cm dish with a motor? I have tile roof and want to roof mount my dish.

http://www.versatilemount.com/versatilemount/products.htm

Once again thank you to all.

If this contraption is designed for a 24" dish, putting an 80cm or 90cm could put it well over its rated range. If you calculate the surface area of the 80, 90 and the 24" dishes and compare them; you'll see that they jump up by 172% and 218% compared to a 24". The forces that need to be harnessed by the stand and the fixture go well beyond what the original device was designed for. If you want to do this, you need to reinforce the original concept, IMHO. You may also consider making it wider to spread the load over a larger area to avoid cracking the roof tiles. My humble .02.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)