time frame on HD FOX, ABC, & NBC?

rocatman said:
My point was that to imply that Dish will never provide HD locals for markets outside the top 20 - 25 is misleading. In reading the referenced post from the May 5 earnings conference call, it appears to state that Dish has the capacity to provide the top 20 markets and 50 national channels with the acquisition of R-1 and the satellites they have now. E-10 and E-11 will give them more capacity and I doubt that E-5 at 129 W was even discussed. If have been on these forums long enough you should know that you have to take what Charlie says with a grain of salt. You also have to put two and two together. Dish has been grabbing up huge amounts of satellite bandwidth licenses lately and its not for HD shopping channels or Internet access. There is no doubt in my mind that Dish is going to go toe to toe with DirecTV (and cable) on HD locals.

rocatman: While I respect your opinion, it's just that, an opinion. If you listen to the conference call it is very evident that Charlie doesn't want to match D* HD LIL plans, he may have to, but he doesn't want to. I don't think he was being coy or playing games and I really do agree with him on this. At this point in time the return in subscriber $ don't justify the outlay. What is Charlie planning to do with all the satellite resources? We really don't know, but I won't assume it's for HD LIL, nor will I encourage others to make decisions based on that assumption. Finally, if there is any misleading going on here, it is due to statements made by E*, not me.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)