This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Time to buy/build new PC NOW!

True if you do enough installs to make a slipstream version up. The problem I have with XP is that you seem to have to have the exact version/service pack to use the license key.
Honestly, I use a leaked corporate XP Pro key to install (32 or 64 bit). Haven't used Home edition.
After install I use keyfinder to change the license key to the legit one... Service Pack is irrelevant (unless using a key that got blacklisted).

After updating last spring (AHCI, half a dozen new network drivers, etc.) I haven't changed the boot CD. Used it a dozen times or so.

nLite does a very good job. The first time it takes a while. Every other update takes less time than burning the final CD.

Navy

This is a site that I use that is totally dedicated to building computers. Some of these guys take their builds to extremes and they give good reviews on components. A few of them review hardware that isn't released yet and give good feedback on whether to upgrade or wait. [H]ard|Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Check it out

Any good place that reviews mobos?
Take a look at TomsHardware.com. Pay close attention to the A/V encoding benchmarks.

Consider also the nature of the software that you're using and whether or not it supports multiple cores. I recently chose a dual core over a triple or quad core as the software I'm using doesn't support multiple cores.

Sony Vegas and Pinnacle Studio both can use multi cores it in the setting tab and can choose how many cores you want to use.

I didn't see anyone choose a motherboard so I will say that I have never had any problems with the many comptuers I have built with Gigabyte motherobards.