Time to Delete timers

I had to delete Last Man Standing tonight. I wanted to like it but I just can't and don't think it will get better.

I started watching Pan Am because I like Cristina Ricci and I'm missing me some Mad Men this year. But each episode gets a little more painful to watch, though the other lead actresses offer nice eye candy. The show just doesn't seem to be going anywhere (that I want to go at least) and the drama is uncompelling and predictable.

I don't know what it is about this show. I mean I like to look back on the past ,but I don't know if I want to live in it. This series really has no where to go except through the historical events we have already lived through ,with added fictional drama thrown in. Kind of like Forrest Gump ,except not as compelling. I don't think it will last ,but I do like Christina Ricci too and I will give it more time. But in November of 1963 President Kennedy was assassinated, so we know what is coming next month if the show continues. After Kennedy's death as the years went on the country slid into Vietnam , Hippies ,Riots ,war protests . I don't think that leaves anything really positive to look forward to for this show to revisit. Living through it the first time as a child was strange enough, but watching it all over again, exception for the moon landing in 69, would be a very bad flashback.

Looks like Charlie's Angels, Free Agents, Playboy Club, How to be a Gentleman and H8R are history!

Prime Suspect is about to get the ax, but there's nothing in the cupboard to replace it with yet.

Unforgettable might just be a memory soon too.

I'll keep last man standing for another week. I guess I like it because some of Tim's (Mike's) views I agree with ;)

H8R I watched one week with WWE wrestler The Miz and thought it was lame

Looks like Charlie's Angels, Free Agents, Playboy Club, How to be a Gentleman and H8R are history!

Prime Suspect is about to get the ax, but there's nothing in the cupboard to replace it with yet.

Unforgettable might just be a memory soon too.

All of these shows I felt were not good enough this season. I had a timer for Charlie's Angels and watched one episode and hated it. The Playboy club I wanted to like because I like Eddie Cibrian ,but I couldn't even watch one of them. It just sounded stupid as a premise to me. The rest of the shows I didn't even have a timer for . They just all sounded lame.

I am giving Last Man Standing a shot. Was not that crazy about it but maybe it will improve. Gifted Man is alright so far. I really like Revenge. Whitney is ok. I do not enjoy The X Factor as much as American Idol and America's Got Talent. I like the New Girl and 2 Broke Girls.

I am still watching 2 1/2 Men but it could go either way. How I Met Your Mother is ok. I really like The Big Bang Theory as it seems to be one of my favorites along with Raising Hope. I am looking forward to Chuck coming back. The Office is alright. Waiting for Pitchmen and Shark Tank.

I am really hopeful for Awake. I see that Fear Factor is on its way back but was never crazy about that show.

I am actually liking X Factor more than I did American Idol ,namely because of Simon and Paula reuniting . I also like the tone of the show better. It seems much nicer in how they treat the contestants than American Idol. Also no awkward auditions like American Idol. They mostly had very good contestants. Sometimes I think they were all too good. But the difference is that anyone can audition and they aren't limited by age. You can be 60 years old and get a spot on the show , if you are good enough.

I found the voice refreshing. Comes on after the superbowl, second season. Ido, fizzled out for me about the end of season three. X-factor is cool, as I like looking at Paula ;)

Stargazer said:
I am giving Last Man Standing a shot. Was not that crazy about it but maybe it will improve. Gifted Man is alright so far. I really like Revenge. Whitney is ok. I do not enjoy The X Factor as much as American Idol and America's Got Talent. I like the New Girl and 2 Broke Girls.

I am still watching 2 1/2 Men but it could go either way. How I Met Your Mother is ok. I really like The Big Bang Theory as it seems to be one of my favorites along with Raising Hope. I am looking forward to Chuck coming back. The Office is alright. Waiting for Pitchmen and Shark Tank.

I am really hopeful for Awake. I see that Fear Factor is on its way back but was never crazy about that show.

I love 2 broke girls, but they need to move that to a nine o'clock slot. I think they really go over the top with the innuendoes. Younger kids are still up and many parents do not monitor their TV. House, Fringe, warehouse 13, burn notice and my favorite too is The Big Bang Theory. I think last man standing is good, I just like tim Allen. Now that I think about it, I DVR too much tv. I could never live w/o a DVR. I hate commercials.

Deleted my timer for HUNG on HBO since it is cancelled now. I don't see subbing to HBO other than free 3 month promos I get from DISH. Paying $16.00 extra a month to watch a couple of series tv seems way to much to me. I like True Blood and Boardwalk Empire.

Deleted my timer for HUNG on HBO since it is cancelled now. I don't see subbing to HBO other than free 3 month promos I get from DISH. Paying $16.00 extra a month to watch a couple of series tv seems way to much to me. I like True Blood and Boardwalk Empire.

Where did you see Hung was cancelled?? I liked that show.

I guess HUNG is really hanging LOW these days. I'll miss it but the show was getting kind of crazy. Considering at the finale they were stealing cattle in payment for their stolen money.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts