Time to Delete timers

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Maybe Ia m being hasty this year but Ia m already weeding out timers. I have eliminated the following

Whitney
up All night
New Girl (I know it is popular by fox standards but it is just too cute for me
Two Broke Girls

One More Chance
Free agents (i like the cast but have not liked the show so far so like I said one more chance)

I actually like 2 Broke Girls....for now

2 1/2 men might get the boot from my timers. Most of my other timers arent network shows so they stay

For me, Up All Night, Free Agents and Whitney have bitten the dust.

I like New Girl, but then I'm a Zoey Deschanel fan and love her weirdness. She's definitely my kind of weird.

2 1/2 men may very well get the boot too. I'm not impressed with the first 2 shows at all.

Giving Whitney a little more time. Ditto New Girl only because of Zoey. Have already deleted several others.

I booted free agents after the second episode. Up all night is going to be booted after the next episode unless it is a lot better.

I booted revenge, done with that. Up all night would probably also get the ax but it's a 30 minute show so for now it's ok. Saw Pan am last night, not bad

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

The wife likes new girl, I think it's ok the guys in the show are pretty funny

I forgot...two broke girls is getting close to the ax as well!

This has actualy been a pretty good year (first in several years) since all my new timers are still set. I like the new shows I've recorded this season: A Gifted Man, Terra Nova, Unforgettable, Person of Interest, Prime Suspect and Revenge. Of course, I had plenty of timers to set since I cleaned-out all the old timers from last season: $..! My Dad Says (liked the show), Law & Order: LA (wasn't a fan), The Event (kept the timer but didn't like the show), The Defenders (loved the show), The Whole Truth (smart but wasn't around long enough to like or dislike), Detroit 1-8-7 (liked it at first...but got old quickly), Human Target (I liked this show), Medium (I liked this show, but it's time had come) and Two and a Half Men (so bad it is painful to watch).

Of the new shows, here is the most likely deletion order:

- Prime Suspect (cop show with an NBC feel...not bad, but not great and I don't have time for it)
- Terra Nova (fake looking dinosaurs, cheesy acting and predictable plot) will probably be deleted after a few more episodes

- Revenge (I was hooked by the promo ads...and I'm surprising still liking it) if it gets to soapy
- A Gifted Man (I like it and I don't see deleting it anytime soon)
- Unforgettable (the show has me hooked)
- Person of Interest (best new show in broadcast primetime)

Once treasured shows on he cusp:

- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (I can't stand Ted Danson is his new role as DB/Moonbeam)
- Two and a Half Men (already deleted - el stinko!)
- CSI: Miami (I started watching it again last year but I seem to have no interest in the show this season)
- Fringe (I'll probably watch this "final season" but the story is terrible so far)
- America's Got Talent (deleted...tired of the least talented singers always winning)
- Blue Bloods (Okay, I like Tom Selleck but I've never embraced this show - watch 1 episode per month maybe)
- House (started watching last season and loved it...may not hold my attention this season and after personnel changes)
- Law & Order: SVU (started watching 2-3 years ago...and it's not the same without Detective Whatshisface leaving the show)

Should delete Charlie's Angels, but I like the eye candy. I could delete "A Gifted Man" and not miss it in the least bit. I deleted "Free Agents" after the first episode. I am keeping "Up All Night" for a while. "How to be a Gentleman" will probably get dropped if the second episode isn't any better.

S~

I only added three new shows this year:

Terra Nova - Interested to see how it goes, so far I like it, but it's only been 1 episode. They need to lose the defiant son storyline as it's old and trite and not to mention annoying.
Revenge - So far it's okay. Wife stopped watching after the first, not her type of show. I like intrege and mystery though, but if the shows wants to stay it needs to be less predictable.
Gifted Man - I would boot it, but the wife has taken a liking to it, so it'll stay to satisfy the one that must be obeyed.

Should delete Charlie's Angels, but I like the eye candy. I could delete "A Gifted Man" and not miss it in the least bit. I deleted "Free Agents" after the first episode. I am keeping "Up All Night" for a while. "How to be a Gentleman" will probably get dropped if the second episode isn't any better.

S~

So far keeping Charlie's Angels and Playboy Club for the eye candy.

removed 2 1/2 men after seeing tonights show

added 2 broke girls to the series recorder though.....its pretty funny

I'm going to keep watching 2 and a Half men till it's final cancellation. It's like a train wreck that I can't turn away from. I'm betting that Cbs lets the show continue till the season is up and then goes into syndication , then cancels it.

The fascinating train wreck is a good description. I keep getting ready to delete the timer, but keep saying "one more week"

Pretty much everything else new has been deleted, with the exception of New Girl. Again, I am on the fence, but willing to see how it shakes out.

Thank goodness for the USA dramadies.

I'm going to keep watching 2 and a Half men till it's final cancellation. It's like a train wreck that I can't turn away from. I'm betting that Cbs lets the show continue till the season is up and then goes into syndication , then cancels it.

I am pretty sure that the current syndication deal promises a number of epsides that includes al of this season. they could cancel it but the episodes would still have to be produced.

I started watching Pan Am because I like Cristina Ricci and I'm missing me some Mad Men this year. But each episode gets a little more painful to watch, though the other lead actresses offer nice eye candy. The show just doesn't seem to be going anywhere (that I want to go at least) and the drama is uncompelling and predictable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)