Time to retire an old friend

Status
Please reply by conversation.

worker

Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
I decided today it is time to retire the 4DTV and all of the c-band stuff. I have used it very little over the past year that I think it's time to say good bye. Hopefully I'll be able to find a good home for it.... My only regret will be now that DirecTV dropped Versus giving up the 4DTV will end my access to that for now..:(
My dish is on the roof and a few trees are starting to block G1 and lower so time to give up...

What do you have? 920 or 922?
It's a shame to give up a great hobby. I am struggling with tree problems, too. When fall get here and the leaves fall off the trees, then I will be ok. I am hoping to move my dish away from those trees. Fifteen years ago I planted the dish when there wasn't much tree branches blocking the LOS. That was before I went 4DTV.

What do you have? 920 or 922?
It's a shame to give up a great hobby. I am struggling with tree problems, too. When fall get here and the leaves fall off the trees, then I will be ok. I am hoping to move my dish away from those trees. Fifteen years ago I planted the dish when there wasn't much tree branches blocking the LOS. That was before I went 4DTV.

It's a 922. Battery is currently good and it all works fine. Things do get better here when the leaves fall off but I also have a few Pine tree's in the way and the needles don't fall off. If they were mine I would cut them down. I've been at this hobby since 1990 so yes I hate to give it up but it's time.

It's a 922. Battery is currently good and it all works fine. Things do get better here when the leaves fall off but I also have a few Pine tree's in the way and the needles don't fall off. If they were mine I would cut them down. I've been at this hobby since 1990 so yes I hate to give it up but it's time.

It's too bad you can't get your neighbors to trim their trees. The only tree here that's blocking anything is AMC6 (just barely though). I asked my neighbor if he'd trim the top off about 10 to 20 feet and I offered to pay the fee. He was good enough to trim it. It's either that or put the dish on the roof. If there was more DVB stuff on Ku I'd put up a smaller dish on the roof. But, we all may have to go to the pizza dish eventually. :eek:

It's too bad you can't get your neighbors to trim their trees. The only tree here that's blocking anything is AMC6 (just barely though). I asked my neighbor if he'd trim the top off about 10 to 20 feet and I offered to pay the fee. He was good enough to trim it. It's either that or put the dish on the roof. If there was more DVB stuff on Ku I'd put up a smaller dish on the roof. But, we all may have to go to the pizza dish eventually. :eek:

I won't give up my fta! Like the man said "From my cold,dead fingers"

Chain saws take care of trees :) I agree with Turbosat I won't give up till I'm done......

Why does one have to give up one thing to get another? Personally i have E*, 4DTV, FTA and OTA. All of them get used alot by the whole family. We'll, maybe not the FTA. :D

I might not shut it all down after all. Had a talk with the neighbor tonight about trimming the tree's again and he said take off whatever I need. I took the tops off a few years back and I thought it would eventually kill the tree's but I guess pine tree's are tougher than I thought. So I went up on the roof and had a look and I need to give 3 of them about a 10 foot haircut and hopefully I'll be set. If I can't get a decent signal on G1 after that then perhaps I shut it all down at that point.

That was very nice of the neighbor since he is not required to do that. Some neighbors are pretty cool and others are pains. When I was getting into ku I had a tree in the way from a neighbor that would not have allowed me to put a dish in that spot. When I was planning where to put my 90cm to avoid that I came home one day and the tree was gone. So someone :angel: was looking out for me. I never even had to talk to the neighbor about it. :D

I have a neighbor that was doing some trimming of some trees and they were upset that I did not inform them that one tree was still in my way, some neighbors are nice others are ......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)