Time Warner Cable Loses 184,000 TV Customers on the Quarter

I was one of said customers, we cancelled our Time Warner cable TV service not long ago and went back to Dish. TWC uses such outdated cable boxes and they're crazy slow. I mean there's still a Record to VCR option on the DVR menu, and it's literally a 5 or more second delay between hitting a button on the remote and something actually happening on the TV.

I ordered tw over a week ago and added phone service and internet. they do have great internet. the phone and the tv are on the same work order so until the phone number is ported they can not complete the work order and will not turn on the cable box which is setting in my house all hooked up. it seems that the work order issue is an internal policy within the tw organization. you would think they could change that policy or separate the orders. I can see why they lost customers. it is a heck of a deal saving me 90.00 a month for about the same service. lol but right now I have no service and they don't seem to care. I have called 6 times now and nothing. its insane.

I had been on internet only and called to up the bandwidth. Was paying $74 for 15 MB service. They talked me into a promotion for $89.95 for cable/ 30mb internet plus phone. Took them nearly 2 weeks to get it hooked up and I did a self install.

The salesperson told me to expect a bill around $100-105. First bill arrived yesterday for $137! I think this is all going back and am reverting to OTA again. Turns out there isn't much more value to me in cable service, and I was satisfied with OTA plus internet.

I had time warner internet and DVR for one tv and once the bill was over $100 I dropped the tv! Now I have 15MB internet and basic cable channels for $45 (own my router and modem) which I'm pleased with.

Not sure, but the internet price seems to be creeping up faster than the cable or bundled price.

Still, I have now had cable again for 3 weeks. The bill was higher than promised. I am not really seeing any compelling content, and some of the stuff I might be interested in will cost more per month. It is all going back tonight and I drop back to OTA and netflix/amazon. More than enough content to keep me happy.

The salesperson told me to expect a bill around $100-105. First bill arrived yesterday for $137! I think this is all going back and am reverting to OTA again. Turns out there isn't much more value to me in cable service, and I was satisfied with OTA plus internet.

we just ordered this. it was a long process as we needed to make sure the rep understood we did not want any of their equipment. if we just ordered as is, the $89.99 bundle would have been $115.49 before tax. So yeah, after tax and fees for the modem and the FREE (lol) HD box, that would be $137.

we have tivo, so we just needed cable cards. the price on those just went up, too, from $2.50/mo to $4/mo. In the end, our $89.99 package is going to be $105.99/mo after the modem and cable cards are added in. Including taxes, the grand total will be $121.41.

We placed this order via chat, and have the transcript just in case anything goes wrong. We will save money, as we just cancelled dish and our basic home phone is facing another increase. We were paying a little over $200/mo for all 3 services before. something had to give.

Yeah, I also have 2 TIVOS and am just using cable cards. I had previous service, so I just needed the trap removed. I picked up all the equipment at their store. They kept trying to charge me $49 for a service call.

I wasn't excited about the phone as we all have cells, but they insisted we take it to get the deal. Would have cost more to refuse.

I wasn't excited about the phone as we all have cells, but they insisted we take it to get the deal. Would have cost more to refuse.

it's funny how that works.

we have it for the alarm and the occasional fax. we have had twc internet for almost 15 years now, but always preferred satellite.

it's difficult to go OTA and streaming only. we have free (crappy) cable from another provider in the area, but when you invest in home theater, you really want to enjoy it....lol

I just became a TWC internet only, had Verizon for over 10 years, they jack up my cost. I got 50/5 for half the price of Verizon. Order online, and was installed on my schedule. I have been checking speed, all is good so far.

I just became a TWC internet only, had Verizon for over 10 years, they jack up my cost. I got 50/5 for half the price of Verizon. Order online, and was installed on my schedule. I have been checking speed, all is good so far.

we have had TWC internet for ~15 years. it has always been awesome and rock solid.

we just recently left dish, and signed up for their triple play. The phone is crystal clear, and as hard as it is to admit.... the HD is fantastic. we now get over double the speed (extreme) and downloading things at 8 MB/s is pretty freaking sweet! so is saving ~$100/mo.

Time Warner gears for crucial programming talks
Feb 12 2015, 19:06 ET | About: Time Warner Inc. (TWX) | By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

Following earnings, Time Warner's (TWX +2.8%) got another challenge ahead in negotiations for programming renewals with Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) and Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC).
With distributors slimming down packages (and programming costs), economies of scale are likely to play in Time Warner's favor vs. smaller programmers.
The same dynamic is driving chatter around a CBS merger with Viacom (VIA, VIAB) or even TWX -- the need for size to get more mojo in negotiations with stingier distribution channels.
An increasing factor is the gradual unbundling of programming from traditional distributors through services like Sling TV, or subscription services from CBS and HBO.
TWX's outlook looks increasingly dependent on accelerating revenue growth -- "which is likely to require successful renegotiation of the last two major domestic (pay-TV) deals and highly successful box office performance," says Pacific Crest's Andy Hargreaves. http://seekingalpha.com/news/229731...m:aceadda6da2b4a61776b5927c371b939#email_link

I would much rather do without television than internet. I can view content online. Even if I miss some content, the internet keeps me much more occupied and I could find plenty enough online to occupy me. A lot of people use their cell phones more than anything anymore and dont even use a broadband or home phone connection.

Had TWC for TV up until 2006, recently went back for their Internet, but Idk if I pay too much, like $89 a month after Taxes.

There phone is horrible here in my area, always static, just annoying, don't need it with having cell phones.

I have never been impressed with their setup on TV, I prefer my Genie, and other HR boxes with DirecTV, but love RR, except that I keep getting kicked off now and then. And it has gotten slower over the last few months.

Had TWC for TV up until 2006, recently went back for their Internet, but Idk if I pay too much, like $89 a month after Taxes.

There phone is horrible here in my area, always static, just annoying, don't need it with having cell phones.

I have never been impressed with their setup on TV, I prefer my Genie, and other HR boxes with DirecTV, but love RR, except that I keep getting kicked off now and then. And it has gotten slower over the last few months.

we have had TWC internet for ~15 years- it has always been great. we stuck to satellite for tv because cable just could not compare.

after the latest price increases (satellite and phone), we weighed our options and decided to give the $89 triple play bundle a try. granted, like with dish, we own our equipment so that helps keep the price in check.

it is still difficult to admit, but dang TWC has come a long way in recent years. the HD is significantly better, plus we get a lot more channels now. the phone is crystal clear, and we now have caller-id, call waiting, voicemail, and nationwide long distance. stuff the plain jane phone did not have. oh- and internet is now the "extreme" package.

as stated before- downloading things at 8 MB/s is pretty freaking sweet! so is saving ~$100/mo. if TWC is available to you- it is worth a shot. no contract, so you can walk if it doesn't work out.

we have had TWC internet for ~15 years- it has always been great. we stuck to satellite for tv because cable just could not compare.

after the latest price increases (satellite and phone), we weighed our options and decided to give the $89 triple play bundle a try. granted, like with dish, we own our equipment so that helps keep the price in check.

it is still difficult to admit, but dang TWC has come a long way in recent years. the HD is significantly better, plus we get a lot more channels now. the phone is crystal clear, and we now have caller-id, call waiting, voicemail, and nationwide long distance. stuff the plain jane phone did not have. oh- and internet is now the "extreme" package.

as stated before- downloading things at 8 MB/s is pretty freaking sweet! so is saving ~$100/mo. if TWC is available to you- it is worth a shot. no contract, so you can walk if it doesn't work out.

Had them before, never was impressed, plus having the NFL ST is a plus. My dad has TWC, and it still looks outdated at times. I will never go back to cable tv, DirecTV has a much better service IMO over TWC. Whenever I called Tech or CS on TWC I always ended up hanging up asking who the hell are these people they employ. I set up my Dads internet, and they kept giving me the wrong Passcode to set it up, I got furious with them. And it wasn't 1 person it was a few people, keep giving me the wrong code.

I was paying like 250 a month for the Triple Play, no lie. The hidden costs are ridiculous. They charged tax on everything, and everything. If I wanted multiple DVRs, I have to pay per DVD fee, not one dvr fee like with DTV. I know the Whole Home is great and all, but we like the idea of having 3 or more HD DVRs, 1 in each room.

Price wise, I pay like 130 a month for DTV, without the Ticket or NBA LP, could never see myself going back to TWC or any cable company. I don't care that I have a 2yr contract with DTV, it's worth it IMO.

Also here in NY if you want a Good Deal they require a 2yr commitment with TWC, no lie. I don't know why though. They always made us commit to their pricing for 2 yrs.

I do like the Internet though, except that it will go out at random for no reason. I think I need a new modem/router. When they hooked it up they gave us no space. As in the cable going into it, Coax, is too short, and whenever you try and move it, it falls over, or goes out.

IDK to be honest, just never was a fan of TWC. I'm sure in some areas it's better than others, but here it's crap. And what sucks is we have no other providers for Internet. It's either TWC or go with DSL, which also sucks big time, I am not a fan of Verizon. And I can't get over the bandwidth cap for Satellite Internet. I'd be paying the same as with TWC and get capped, where I'm never capped on TWC.

IDK to be honest, just never was a fan of TWC. I'm sure in some areas it's better than others, but here it's crap. And what sucks is we have no other providers for Internet. It's either TWC or go with DSL, which also sucks big time, I am not a fan of Verizon. And I can't get over the bandwidth cap for Satellite Internet. I'd be paying the same as with TWC and get capped, where I'm never capped on TWC.

that is for sure.

we purchased tivos as equipment fees are insane (all providers). again, it is hard to admit, but the PQ is freaking outstanding. they have come a long way over the years. TWC offers RedZone for $8/mo. that is sweet!! With DN, we would have to upgrade our programming package and then add on the sports pack......

~$120/mo (including taxes and all) for tv, phone, and extreme internet is a great price.

that is for sure.

we purchased tivos as equipment fees are insane (all providers). again, it is hard to admit, but the PQ is freaking outstanding. they have come a long way over the years. TWC offers RedZone for $8/mo. that is sweet!! With DN, we would have to upgrade our programming package and then add on the sports pack......

~$120/mo (including taxes and all) for tv, phone, and extreme internet is a great price.

I had Dish for less than a yr, hated it. There CS was horrible. I would never go back to them. They wanted us to pay for the sports packages all up front, no monthly payments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)