Time Warner CEO Touts 2 Million New HBO Subscribers on Earnings Call

On an earnings conference call on Wednesday, Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes noted that HBO added two million subscribers over the past year -- its highest increase in the past 17 years. "HBO remains a league of its own," said Bewkes.

hollywoodreporter.com
Due to 3 months FREE and 1/2 promos , is about the only way they could add any new subs. Add to that they will continue to count churning subs as part of their total and you see the HBO total is inflated and not accurate , I'm sure.

No way in hell and I agree with Mike on this one after the 3 months it will go down 3 million after the freebies and 1/2 off promos end!! ;) :)

Last edited:
I don't know Fergie, $7.99 a month vs $19.00...... No CONTEST in my house. Netflix rules. Now if you would drop that HBO price back to $10.00 a month , I would buy and I am sure that a lot of people would. I think the reason why HBO is charging so much now ,is that their over all sub count is dropping and they have to make up for the loss of revenue. Volume is always the answer . The same is true about wages. The more people that make good wages means the more people that can buy your product and that creates jobs. Pay little means people can afford little and the economy shrinks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)