Timers Backup on 722K?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Having a tech come out tomorrow since it is no longer recognizing EHD. (Yes, I asked for a re-hit, they said they did?) I remember some time ago that the K remote was supposed to be able to remember timers. Did that ever happen and if so, how do you go about it?

You can verify that you had a "hit" by going to Menu-6-3-counters, page down several times. The household key code will change on each receiver--they should all have the same code except maybe the last digit. Any or no EHD needs be connected. The receivers must be on the same account and should work with any previously working EHD after the reset hit.
-Ken

You can verify that you had a "hit" by going to Menu-6-3-counters, page down several times. The household key code will change on each receiver--they should all have the same code except maybe the last digit. Any or no EHD needs be connected. The receivers must be on the same account and should work with any previously working EHD after the reset hit.
-Ken

I just had my 722K replaced a few minutes ago. They tried two or three hits and it would not take. Swapped the box and back in business. Something about the old one not liking L655, because it worked fine until then.

I just had my 722K replaced a few minutes ago. They tried two or three hits and it would not take. Swapped the box and back in business. Something about the old one not liking L655, because it worked fine until then.

I love when techs say stuff like that. As if certain receivers have a preference for software.

Sorry buddy, I don't like L655... But I'll be happy to run L???.:)

If an update is not working on a receiver, then you had a hardware issue.

I think the original question was about timer backups - I didn't see an answer (that I could understand - something about K remote?) Is there anyway to back up my timers? Dish is sending me a new box, I am in the process of sending all of my stuff to my external drive. The only thing left is to get the timers - any help would would be great - hoep you don't tellme to sharpen the pencil.

the answer to your Question is have the remote right infront of the of the receiver and press and hold the Zero button until the system wizard pops up. Just follow the on screen instructions after that. This only with k model receivers with 20.0/21.0 remotes.

the answer to your Question is have the remote right infront of the of the receiver and press and hold the Zero button until the system wizard pops up. Just follow the on screen instructions after that. This only with k model receivers with 20.0/21.0 remotes.

This is an old thread, but I wanted to post a cautionary note to anyone who "believes" this response. The OP is about getting a new receiver to be swapped for the old one that is malfunctioning. The timer backup into the remote will not -- unless Dish has fixed this -- help this situation in any way. Oh, you'll waste time backing up the timers into the remote. And you'll neglect to document your timers in any way thinking that you're just going to restore them from the remote into the new receiver. Well, again, unless Dish has fixed this, you'll be screwed. The restore procedure will only work on the same receiver! I.e., they spent some big $$ getting software developers to code this into the receiver and the remote to make a nearly useless feature. And with just another few $ they could actually make it a useful feature, but have not for years. I don't know how many times I've missed shows because I've had a receiver swap and lost timers. And yes, I've had many receiver swaps.

This is an old thread, but I wanted to post a cautionary note to anyone who "believes" this response. The OP is about getting a new receiver to be swapped for the old one that is malfunctioning. The timer backup into the remote will not -- unless Dish has fixed this -- help this situation in any way. Oh, you'll waste time backing up the timers into the remote. And you'll neglect to document your timers in any way thinking that you're just going to restore them from the remote into the new receiver. Well, again, unless Dish has fixed this, you'll be screwed. The restore procedure will only work on the same receiver! I.e., they spent some big $$ getting software developers to code this into the receiver and the remote to make a nearly useless feature. And with just another few $ they could actually make it a useful feature, but have not for years. I don't know how many times I've missed shows because I've had a receiver swap and lost timers. And yes, I've had many receiver swaps.
They fixed it have had to do it. Had a HDD acting flaky and move everything to the ext HDD. Then found out the issue was s/w related when a new update came down. But I had my timers. My brother has lost 722k and he got a refurb, then that refurb was tanking a few months later and he had to do it. And it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts