Timers not working on premium channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dpriz126

Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
United States
Hi All,

This is my first post to this forum. It has been extremely helpful for me in the past, but I haven't seen this issue posted yet.

I have access to all the HBO, Showtime, and Starz channels and their on-demand counterparts (except Showtime because it doesn't have on-demand) via the Hopper. Over the past few weeks, my Hopper (now on S338) has stopped recording new shows on premium channels. Even though I have timers set up to record all new episodes, these episodes do not record and the timers show as 'skipped' on DishAnywhere.com. I know there are new episodes, because they actually show as new in the guide, and I have also confirmed via the HBO, Starz, and Showtime websites.

Troubleshooting steps I have tried:
  • Unplugging and replugging the Hopper back in
  • Restoring the Hopper to factory defaults via the Settings->Diagnostics page
  • Using 'Reset Receiver' via the Settings->Diagnostics page
  • Deleting all my timers and re-making them via DishAnywhere.com
  • Deleting all my timers and re-making them via the Hopper itself
  • Contacting Dish support, who said this was an 'unknown issue' and they would have their engineers look into it

Is anyone else experiencing the same? Anyone know how to assist?

Cheers,
Dave

I have not seen anyone reporting this but it does sound like it might be this known issue
recordings missing from my recordings folder
. Does your daily schedule list this timers as being completed? Are you having this issue only on the premium channels?

Hi All,

I've found the answer. It appears a recent update to the Hopper software may have messed up how the timers work. I would record my premium channels on the West Coast variant of the premium channel to avoid conflicts during primetime. So, for example, I would record Homeland on SHO-W instead of SHO-E so it would record in early morning and I would have more available tuners during primetime.

A recent software update has made the SHO-W variant report as a 'repeat episode', and since I chose to only record new episodes, it did not record. I have set my recordings to all occur on the East version of the premium channel, and now the timers seem to work again. Somewhat inconvenient workaround...hope they fix it soon.

Cheers,
Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)