Tip: For those with new HD channels today

With all the new HD channels added today, I thought it appropriate to bring this thread back.

Do a check switch test to download a new program guide. This will fill in all of the "No information available" slots in your program guide.

I have found that a front panel reset does NOT download a new program guide ( I have a 622 receiver).

New HD channels are live on my 622 2:30 central time Bravo Bio CNetwork espws toon disney HMC 5-Max Max-W CNBC Travel ABC-Fam TWC Diney East For me to View them had to go to locked channels AND UNLOCK THEM

Nope.... You have to do the check switch or wait until your nightly update. Honestly, I'd just force the check switch.

Where is Smithsonian?

For those whose channel locks try to unplug your unit for 5 minutes and then replug this will focre a hard reset and my clear up the problem.(If all else fails do like me and kick the Vip 622/722 unit. then call it names and this should make it work----NOT!!)

Nope.... You have to do the check switch or wait until your nightly update. Honestly, I'd just force the check switch.

Where is Smithsonian?

I checked my HD guide and don't see anything that says "no information available" yet. Does that mean I haven't received new HD channels yet? I have Ultimate Pak

Check switch does not always update the guide either. Sometimes you have to have a hit sent. I heard that DirectTV allows you do this online. Wonder when Dish is going to catch up!

If you call the automated system and tell it you have an on screen error message, then tell it you are getting a code 013 on a channel you normally can watch and it will send a rehit.

Half my channels turned red tonight for some reason and the automated system fixed it.

I did both a Check Switch and a reboot (getting lost sat signal on half of new channels) and still didn't get "Information unavailable" cleared. Then, about 10:00pm, I was surfing the guide when it told me that it needed to update. Go figure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)