Status
Please reply by conversation.

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
New and Improved ASC1 firmware is now available for download - 20140401v1 at: http://titaniumsatellite.com/updates

• Modify - Sensor Circuit: Disables the sensor circuit (S1/S2) when the actuator is not in use.
  • Modify - Sensor Circuit: Adjusts sensor sampling timing to minimize switch bounce effect, now ignoring switch cycles less than 5ms in duration.

Many of you may live in regions with strong electrical storms or static discharges. This new firmware revision addresses the problem that many of us have experienced through the years, the positioner count being out of calibration after a strong electrical storm or other electrical event. These electrical spikes are often read as sensor pulses by controllers. The positioner count will increase/decrease causing the count to be out of sync with the actual actuator position. After a electrical storm, service techs would get many telephone support or house calls to recalibrate the positoner count. The ASC1 will now ignore these erroneous switch counts that occur when the actuator is not active.

This firmware version also addresses reed switch bounce problems. Switch bounces are micro open/close cycles that can occur as a switch is opening or closing the contact. Switch design, the switch orientation and the age of the switch could increase switch bounce problems. These short "stutters" are often counted as extra cycles of the sensor and will cause additional pulse counts to be presented to the controller and result in the actuator stopping short of the actual saved satellite position. There is a fine line between processing high resolution cycle counts and ignoring undesirable switch bounce pulses. The testers reports suggest that this version is a great balance!

Thank you for your continued support of the ASC1 and for your feedback to make it even better!

I think I'm now ready to take a closeer look at the ASC1 Unit. So many improvements in the last months. Very commendable. :)

Thank you for posting this! A lot of effort goes into developing and maturing these projects. It really means a lot to hear this positive feedback! I really appreciate your comments!

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Is this the same as the test firmware, Brian? I still haven't gotten my ASC1 hooked back up to play around with it, but I messed with my dish setup this past weekend and now the problem I was having is gone. I have no idea what I did that fixed it, but it's working great again. I did pull the motor on the C dish apart and removed some spider nests, but they were in the corners of the housing and not near anything. Hoping to have time this weekend to hook the ASC1 back up.

The positive feedbacks are well deserved, Brian! Your products are great and your customer service is absolutely top notch.

Firmware versions are dated, so compare your test version to the current 20140401v1. This is the most current public release.

Glad that everything is working well with your system!

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

I use google translator because I do not know write English.

I have a suggestion for an additional function in ASC1, and that would be support for wideband Corotor used outside the USA. In the rest of the world Ku band works 10700-12750 and users in Europe can not easily find a Ku-band LNB Corotor WR75 who has management with 22KHz for the band. LNB used to Corotoru called QUATTRO band and band management is carried out 13 volts for low band and 18 volts for the HI band. My suggestion for Titanium Satellite is an option to make the ASC when the satellite receiver transmits command 13 or 18 volts with 0KHz four low band that then ASC1 provides 13 volts at the output , when the receiver sends a command 13 or 18 volts and 22KHz four hi band to ASC1 exit is 18 volts. In this way, Corotor users be able to use their QUATTRO band LNB and ASC1.
Is it possible to do that function ?

Example LNB menu of European satellite receiver four QUATRO band

screenshot.jpg

Hello Riz-LA,

Thank you for your post and inquiry. As I had replied in our emails, the ASC1 hardware is not configured to process 22KHz/DiSEqC commands in this manner and the hardware provides pass-through of 22KHz/DiSEqC commands for external processing. This 13/18Vdc universal band switching support could be incorporated in a future redesigned model with PCB modification and coding. The user group for this type of LNB type using voltage band selection is very small and 22KHz band switching options are inexpensive and easily sourced. I would need to investigate further to determine if supporting the universal voltage convertor function would produce adequate market to cover the ASC1 hardware modification and development costs.

Might I suggest other available solutions? A $20 modified powered multi-switch could be inserted between the STB and the ASC1 using a 3GHz splitter. The 0KHz signal could provide 13Vdc and the 22KHz could provide 18Vdc for the internal Universal LNB switching.

Another option is to replace this older California Amplifier 150018 model with more typical Universal LNBF design that uses 22KHz for band switching. CalAmp has not produced KU LNBs for many years, so you might benefit from the inexpensive and superior PLL models such as:
NJR2842L for only $145 US at:
http://www.satcomresources.com/New-Japan-Radio-NJR2842L-Universal-Ku-Band-2LO-PLL-LNB

or

iDIRECT Evolution 22 KHz Tone Universal Ku-Band PLL LNB E0001110-0001 for $100US at:
http://www.diemstore.eu/art/P/1/d/225/c/2/s/2/idirect-pll-lnb-ku-diseqc-22khz-tone-unv.html

Your thoughts?

Reactions: riz-la
Hallo

SMW Quarterwave Transformer verwenden. Mit der Spannungswahl von 13 oder 18V die richtige Ebene wählen. Mit 22 KHz wird in das High-Band umgeschaltet." _display="block" _position="static">SMW Quarterwave transformer use a flange LNB from Invacom or Inverto with a . Select the right level with the voltage selector 13 and 18V. With 22 KHz is switched to the high-band.

Pony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)