Titanium Satellite CK1S

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not trying to be secretive, but been busy with some of life's curve-balls, working on some big projects and wanted to test the LNBFs performance first. :)

The model is the CK1S DRO

CK1S DRO.jpg

Had noticed that these C/KU combo LNBFs were out of stock from most vendors and the remaining stock on Ebay and Amazon was crazy overpriced (almost larceny)! Had a LCL order (partial container) of product on the way, so had the factory fill up the space. Costs about the same to ship air or product! LOL!!! :D

Didn't develop the unit. Nothing new or revolutionary. Just a quality OEM DRO LNBF that had been sold for several years under a defunct company's brand name. Will be posting up some installation guides and diagrams in the next few weeks.

Not trying to be secretive, but been busy with some of life's curve-balls, working on some big projects and wanted to test the LNBFs performance first. :)

View attachment 110988

Had noticed that these C/KU combo LNBFs were out of stock from most vendors and the remaining stock on Ebay and Amazon was crazy overpriced (almost larceny)! Had a LCL order (partial container) of product on the way, so had the factory fill up the space. Costs about the same to ship air or product! LOL!!! :D

Didn't develop the unit. Nothing new or revolutionary. Just a quality OEM DRO LNBF that had been sold for several years under a defunct company's brand name. Will be posting up some installation guides and diagrams in the next few weeks.

New product...Hmmmmm... I think the time feels about right for a contest perhaps?????

Is the ku pll? Wsi last model had dro cband and pll ku which I thought was interesting.

Reactions: Titanium

View attachment 110988

Looks a lot like the dual band I put on my KTI a few years ago. Some people wondered why the orange coloring was on there and wondered why I left it on. I never understood the orange marking though and the orange on mine didn't come off and it still hasn't come off (no feedhorn cover).

No reason for the orange color other than it is the OEM design offered from the factory.The orange cover is a poly enclosure for the KU section. The KU LNB electronics are not encased in aluminum body like dedicated KU LNBFs.

Reactions: KE4EST
What's the word - anyone tried it yet?

That "seems" to be the same LNBF that WSI was selling known as NS741s. I have one of those that I've used some in the past but went back to the old DMX741 because it had the built in 22Hz switch.

There was a thread started on that NS741 when WSI first put it on the market and you can see that here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/review-ws-international-ns741-c-ku-lnbf.302220/

I A/B tested one on my Winegard system at that time and it performed about the same as the DMX741S it replaced. FYI, A/B testing showed that original DMX741s to be about as good as the Corotor II it replaced.

Right now I've got a couple of spares Ive accumulated over the past couple of years but if/when I need one I will be buying one of these from Brian simply because I DO NOT want to go back to that Corotor II feed horn!!!

:(
Thanks for link to the botched release of a WSI product. Could have gone an entire lifetime without being associated with those products!
:D

The same factory and OEM build as the NS741S, but without the manufacturers labeling error...

:(
Thanks for link to the botched release of a WSI product. Could have gone an entire lifetime without being associated with those products!
:D

The same factory and OEM build as the NS741S, but without the manufacturers labeling error...

Well??? It is the same product and if anyone reads that thread they will see POSITIVE test results after the miss label issue was discovered, which is what I was trying to point out??

I didn't have a problem with any of the WSI stuff up until the label issue and I wish they were still in business today! They were a good source for inexpensive equipment for those of us in the Satellite TV Hobby!

I was joking! I brought the product in because it is no longer availableI I believe that it was the best C/KU solution. Sure have to read through a lot of negative stuff before reaching the "it works ok"! LOL!

Never was a fan of the built-in switch type model, because the switch becomes the weakest link and if/when it fails the user replaces a $50+ combo item instead of a $3 part.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)