TitanTV down?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Is it just me or is their site messed up?

I keep getting errors like "An error occurred while processing your request." when I try to access it.

I found if I put the www on it I can get their default page but when I try to log in I get the errors again.
This has been going on for about 24 hours now. I tried to access it from my PC and my tablet and no luck.

:what

Dee-Ann.
My wife was has been on titan hrs ago with the last time of 2 hrs ago with no problems here.

Well heck.....

I still can not get on it at all. I can go to it via a browser that hasn't been on there in a few weeks and I get the default page that geolocates me and shows me the local OTA guide it assumes is for my area. But when I try to login and enter my username and password it throws me to the white screen with the error message and I can no longer get anything via that browser. I've tried four browsers on my Mac (Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera) and get the same thing. Even my iPhone, I tried via the browser and via the TitanTV for iPhone app.. I tried it from my HP Touchpad tablet and same thing. The windows media PC, I tried IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera. I have a itty bitty baby laptop with Linux Mint on it and the same thing there.

As soon as I try to login, BOOM!

This is killing me because I spent a long time and a lot of effort into customizing my guides for FTA, Dish and OTA. It would be a nightmare to try and recreate them again from scratch. :cry:
Maybe they whammyed my account because I was ad blocking? I was extremely annoyed by their large, intrusive ads and I blocked them all, 100%. But my iPhone, tablet and little laptop don't use ad blocking.
It seems as if my account is being punished for some reason because I can see the site until I try to login then it's game over. I've never had this happen before.

Is there a link on the page to email them and ask them? It sure seems odd that it happens on all your devices. Is there a chance that the last time you were working ok, you made one more change that nuked everything? Could be you didn't even get an error right then, but showed up the very first time you went back. Anyway, try emailing them and see what they say.

Is there a link on the page to email them and ask them? It sure seems odd that it happens on all your devices. Is there a chance that the last time you were working ok, you made one more change that nuked everything? Could be you didn't even get an error right then, but showed up the very first time you went back. Anyway, try emailing them and see what they say.

I sent them an email however they state they can't address every question personally. There's a 100% chance I'm SOL and will have to create a new account and start over. This is going to be a nightmare!
For my Dish channels I had to go through and 'hide' hundreds and hundreds of cr*p channels and that was a nightmare.
For my FTA channels I had to figure out where in the US I could use some local station's ID so that the correct guide info would show for me. It took me a loooooong time to figure all those out.

Plus I had a custom Dish guide built that showed a blend of my Dish channels, my OTA channels, some out of town OTA channels that I can sometimes get now that I have an HH motor on my antenna and some of my FTA channels so that I can see what's on my favorite FTA channels all at the same time. It was uber customized. :cry:

Does it work from another 'connection'??(library, neighbor, down the street, at the public hotspot) Check your routers firewall log.
Could it be your ISP is blocking something???
Could it be your acct is messed up @ titan.
Have someone else log in and see if it's OK.

Last edited:
Does it work from another 'connection'??(library, neighbor, down the street, at the public hotspot) Check your routers firewall log.
Could it be your ISP is blocking something???
Could it be your acct is messed up @ titan.
Have someone else log in and see if it's OK.

I don't have access to another connection now, the soonest I'll be around a different WIFI will be Wednesday evening but even then it will be over the same provider, TWC/RR.

I did try to log in through a proxy server called TOR. It sent me through a New York node and Titan gave me the local OTA guide for New York City thanks to their geolocation thing.
I entered my log in information and BOOM! Same exact error. Being that I was going through a VPN proxy it can't be anything my ISP is doing. The TOR for Mac comes with it's own browser which is a privacy enhanced version of Firefox.
Once I get the error over TOR I can't access Titan at all until I delete the cookie OR quit TOR and restart it which wipes everything out and you start with a clean browser.

I've been using Titan for a few years and never had this happen before. Nothing here has changed between when it was working fine and when it quit working.

It has to be that my account there is damaged in some way. Or they are punishing me for ad blocking. I don't know.

I sent them an email and now all I can do it wait and see if they will even respond, which they plainly state that they probably won't. :(

I fear I will have to create a new account and start over. That is gonna s*ck...

As I suspected would be the case, no reply from Titan tech support.

I guess my only option is to create a new account and start over from zero... :cry:

Not really happy about this but if they won't help me what else am I to do?...

Major bummer....... :(

I would try clearing out your cache first then try it.

Make sure you are actually logged in.

I have no problem with it here other then the fact that they have taken away all the in-demand ppv channel info from their site a couple weeks ago.

Dee, I don't get on as much as I used too, but I had that SAME thought, clear out your cache and retry.

Hope that'll get it back for you.

Reason for not being here, I started raising chickens ... nuf' said.

Photto

I agree with phottoman.

When my PC gets slow, this is the first thing I do.
I also run full virus scans and sometime those scans find some.

But she's tried multiple machines & multiple browsers. Don't think it's a cache or cookie issue. (windoze machines need CCleaner run often) More likely a firewall [local or ISP] or corrupted account issue.
Dee, you could PM me, or someone else you trust, your acct info and could try login>>>???

It's a corrupted account. I did clear the cache and cookies on the machine and browsers I've been using all along, that was the first thing I tried. Then I tried other browsers that I had not tried before and that didn't work either.
Then I tried other machines, my tablet and my iPhone and all of them do exactly the same thing, a white screen with a text error message.

I emailed Titan and they did not reply, as I expected, so this morning I said to heck with them and I just started the process of creating a whole new account from scratch.
The problem though is that the email address on my corrupt account is still in use and I can't use it again.
I can't use the same user name again either for the same reason.

I had to use a third party email service so I could have a clean email and use another username too. :(

Anyway, I finally was able to make a new account and now I'm in the process of 'hiding' HUNDREDS of Dish Network channels so they don't show, like sports, music, the 9000's and so on......
It's an extremely tedious process and all you can do is click them one at a time, there is no provision for marking large blocks of channels as hidden in bulk. It's just one. at. a. time........

Then I have to build a new FTA guide and that too will be a tedious nightmare because I have C & KU dishes and I have to hunt down the channels one by one then there's the problem of some of them not showing the right info for my time zone so I have to find affiliates that carry the same thing in my time zone.. OMG..... Building the FTA guide was the worst. Especially for the Luken stuff on 87w.

And then I have to build an OTA guide by hand because I now have an OTA antenna rotor that is Disque controlled and I can get stuff from all over Texas, IF the weather is right and I turn the antenna right.

So yeah, I'm about 1/4 of the way through setting it all up from scratch, to heck with Titan, they didn't reply and they state on their site that they probably won't reply if you have problems.

I'm not very happy about this but what else can I do? There's no alternative guide like that so I just have to put on my big girl pants and start over.. :mad:

Been there, dun that. And there's no way to purge your corrupt acct. [sux] and 'start fresh w/ the same acct. I keep a record of the fta channels and the channel used for the guide, in a text file just 'in case of'' now.
Would be nice if you could download a 'restore acct file' to your comp. but probably would open too many security holes. Know what you're going thru. I think I'm now on the 3rd acct w/ titan. Takes a while, so don't beat yourself up over it.
Zap2it is one alternative, I just didn't like it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts