Titles in My Playlist from Guide Recordings & Manual Recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Does choosing to record from the guide versus setting a manual recording affect how the title of the recording shows up in My Playlist once it's done?

NBA SPOILER ALERT – don't read further if you don't know already know the current NBA playoff standings (as of May 11).

The reason I ask this crazy question is because I want to record the final game(s) of the Nuggets/Mavericks NBA playoffs but won't be able to watch any games until this Friday. As of now, the guide shows game 4 for tonight and game 5 on Wednesday. However, if the Nuggets win tonight there will be no game 5 on Wednesday. I'm hoping that if I set Wednesday's game to record now, either by the guide or a manual record, it will lock in that title for Wednesday regardless of whether the Nuggets win tonight or what is actually shown on Wednesday in that time slot (on TNT). My thinking is that if I hit My Playlist on Friday and don't see a Mavericks @ Nuggets listing for Wednesday, then I'll know the Nuggets won on Monday and there will be no use watching Monday's game.

Stated in hopefully simpler terms, if I set Wednesday's game to record now and the Nuggets win tonight, will the HD DVR automatically change the title of the set recording to reflect whatever is shown on Wednesday on TNT in that time slot, or is it possible to use either a guide recording or manual recording to lock in Wednesday's Mavericks @ Nuggets title no matter what happens. If so, then I can be safe in watching Monday's game on Friday because I won't really know if Wednesday's Maverick's title is really that game or something else.

I hope this is an important question because those of us who want to record the remaining NBA or NHL playoffs that have the potential for ending early in the week but we can’t watch until the weekend don't have to be worried about getting spoilers in My Playlist based on how the HD DVR records data.

Thank you.

Never mind. All I need to do is set the game to record prior to the time it starts and the DVR will pick up the preceding show's title instead. Now I feel really stupid for even asking the question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)