Question about D* in Vermont

Status
Please reply by conversation.

varaonaid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Hello,

Trying to finalize getting satellite installed & talked to a local installer here in Vermont. They told me that VT and a handful of other places are in a unique situation in that we can only "see" the MPEG4 satellites from here. The result is that they have to provide the HD boxes free even if you have just requested a standard box. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If so, he said there would be no upfront costs for 1 hd-dvr & 2 hd boxes. They are an "elite" dealer for both D* & E* so I guess that they should know. The thing is, I want to order w/ the AAA discount so couldn't go through that dealer & wanted confirmation before ordering. The dealer also said that that info wouldn't show up through national sales. What do you think?

The installer may have been referring to getting the 119 satellite which would be very low to the horizon. The core sat at 101 has the SD content and the newer MPEG4 sats at 99 and 103 which have HD shouldn't be a problem. As for getting free equipment, I'll let others answer that. I haven't read anything referencing this on the forum.

yes. order your one free hdvr and then x number of standard receivers. the installers dont even have standard equipment. they just show up with Hx boxes. they should give you three of them for free. make sure you have enough tvs though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)