Titles you want badly in Blu?

Which would you pay full price for immediately upon release?

• None are worth full price

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Battle of Britain

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • British Comedies (Coupling, etc)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Casablanca and/or Lawrence of Arabia

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Das Boot

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Matrix Trilogy

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Patton

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Rambo movies

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Star Wars - any or all

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • Transformers

Votes: 19 30.2%

• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I don't consider myself much of a movie watcher, yet I've bought over 60 BDs. I got almost all of them on sale, generally half price. Then when the sales stopped, I'd have plenty and could stop buying until BD prices dropped below $20.

But I started thinking about which titles I'd buy immediately, and at full price. Some, like "Father Goose" I don't think will ever really come out on Blu-ray (wish it would). Many others certainly will. I know "Transformers" will sell very well in Blu, but I wouldn't buy it at any price.

So that brings up the question- which titles, if any, merit immediate full price purchase ($25 & up)? Most titles we want we might be patient for, waiting for price decreases. But some, we want "now."

So I picked sort of a spectrum, just to see what sort of demand there might be.

On edit: You can vote for more than one.

Last edited:
Darn. I should have thought of them. I wouldn't pay full price. But the moment it's existence slipped out to my wife, she would. More accurately, she would direct the purchase to/by me. :haha

Same for Hobbit and Narnia and similar stuff.

ALL the British comedies are SD. One might hope that they have film stock that could make them HD. But really, that one was just a canard, to see if there was any interest in such offbeat stuff.

ALL the British comedies are SD. One might hope that they have film stock that could make them HD. But really, that one was just a canard, to see if there was any interest in such offbeat stuff.

Well, I just bought season 3 from deepdiscount. Slowly building up the whole series. But then, I am more likely to buy stuff like that than Transformers.

The first 4 Hellraiser movies! They would have such sights to show us. I bet the picture on blu ray would be legendary, even in hell.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts