TiVo Announces $100M Stock Repurchase After Q4 Earnings Miss Analysts’ Estimates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The DVR pioneer attributes its bottom line shortfall to an “unanticipated” $4.8M charge for its TiVo Research and Analytics business. Total subscriptions increased 33.7% from last year to 4.2M. This also was the first time in six years that the company reported an increase in the number of people who bought DVR service directly from TiVo as opposed to through a cable or satellite company.

deadline.com

And yet, they still fall short.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

A 34% growth number that's just horrible.

I agree. Some 'experts' were sounding Tivo's death knell, but they won several major patent infringement lawsuits, are striking deals with cable, increased subscriber numbers (to include standalone) and just released a killer DVR (although I was worried after they released their buggy Premiere since it felt like a Dish DVR release). I now have four (4) Tivos (three with Lifetime) but I'm only using three and I'm considering getting Minis since the Roamio Pro is such a stud.

Tivo is profitable and heading in the right direction IMO.

Feb 26 (Reuters) - Digital video recorder maker TiVo Inc reported a better-than-expected 20 percent rise in quarterly revenue and said it expects to benefit from Comcast Corp's $45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable .
TiVo also said Comcast plans to expand the integration of Xfinity On Demand, the cable company's digital store of movies and TV shows, on TiVo's set-top boxes to its entire market.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/02/26/tivo-results-idINL3N0LV50S20140226

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts