TiVo DIRECTV HD DVR In 2010??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah I wonder if it will work 2 HDTV's?? If not then my guess is that everyone could replace their HR24's and the Tivo HDDRV for Direct should talk or work with Direct new HD Receiver H24's so forth. That way you don't have to replace all of your Direct TV hardware.

Yeah I wonder if it will work 2 HDTV's?? If not then my guess is that everyone could replace their HR24's and the Tivo HDDRV for Direct should talk or work with Direct new HD Receiver H24's so forth. That way you don't have to replace all of your Direct TV hardware.

Given the opportunity, I'd do this, if it isn't a neutered version of the TiVo OS and I didn't lose any features I already enjoy during the transition like MRV.

Dave Zatz has a picture and some info on the unit...

Delayed DirecTV TiVo Hardware Revealed

Here is a note from Dave about the picture...

FYI I noticed a post over on satelliteguys and wanted to clarify… The image above is an existing Virgin box with a TiVo remote pasted on top of it (reused from earlier coverage). So consider it purely an artist rendering and not a representation of the new DirecTV TiVo. Sorry for the confusion.

I really wonder, at this point, why anyone cares whether its a tivo bot or now. I like my tivo too, but I mean really, they all work well.

I find my two HR's to be very slow and sluggish and the interface not as friendly as the TiVo UI. So when/if this comes out its a no brainer for me...it can't be any worse than what DTV offers.

Yeah be interesting to see what they come out with I really like that new remote that slides out with the keyboard. Plus they have N Wireless adapters as well.

Yeah the HR24 I think is really good hardware for the most part.

After owning TiVo, I just dont find much to get excited about, especially when we don't know the details of the box. Dont get me wrong, it does its job, but so do the HR's.

I think it's gonna fall flat, and will ship with bugs thatll take 6 months to a year to fix.

Well, Ive had a S2, S3 (twice), Hr20, HR22, HR24 and Vip 622 and 722, as well as a HR10-250 Directivo.

I think the TiVo aspect is way overinflated...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)