TiVo Launches the $400 TiVo Roamio OTA 1TB with lifetime subscription

PSIP is part of the ATSC standard. It is some guide data per channel for some hours or days in advance. Units like the DTVPal DVR use it as the EPG for setting recordings. Different stations provide differing levels of data.

TiVo install guide shows connecting Roamio OTA to a Mini either by Ethernet or by coax, doesn't this mean it has MoCa?

TiVo install guide shows connecting Roamio OTA to a Mini either by Ethernet or by coax, doesn't this mean it has MoCa?

Only the Roamio Pro/Plus and the Bolts have Moca built in. The Roamio OTA and the Roamio Basic you need to use a moca adapter to set up the moca network, which is what I do now as my new house isn't wired for ethernet and I haven't done it yet. The Mini's have moca built in, so they will work via Moca or Ethernet once you have the Moca network set up.

I love them and don't think you can go wrong at $199.

You do need some type of high speed Internet to get the guide occasionally.

You get 4 tuners, skip mode available a few minutes after broadcast on the big 4 and cw from 4pm to midnight excluding live shows, news and sports.

Quick mode is nice for news and talk shows. I used it on NASCAR too.

Netflix, Amazon etc if you have high speed internet.

Easily expandable up to 3TB, just pull cover and drop the bigger drive up to 3TB and reboot. It'll walk you thru guided setup again and then your back in business.

Pytivo and kmttg are nice for pulling the raw file off and editing commercials before archiving

Add a mini via Ethernet or Moca to watch on another tv.

TiVo app is nice for setting TiVo remotely.

I use VideoReDo almost every day now. I haven't tried it yet, but kmttg has a setting now that detects the skipmode data and automatically skips all the commercials instead of having to push the D button or channel button at each skip point when skipmode signals the break

WeeKnees has the TiVo Roamio OTA 1TB on sale for $349.99, add 3 yr warranty and it's only $389.98, no tax, free shipping, about $90 cheaper than the same from TiVo.

I use VideoReDo almost every day now. I haven't tried it yet, but kmttg has a setting now that detects the skipmode data and automatically skips all the commercials instead of having to push the D button or channel button at each skip point when skipmode signals the break

I like VideoReDo because it lets me put the cuts exactly where I want them. The scan finds the commercials but often the audio continues and VideoReDo shows frames plus audio.

Reactions: dfergie
The Tivo EPG is so screwed up in sw Colorado it makes the Tivo unusable.

If you haven't tried yet. Email Margret at Tivo with the correct lineup. Put Lineup Issue and the zipcode in the subject line

cleardot.gif

margret@tivo.com

I waited 3 weeks after submitting a lineup correction to the tivo website, when Margret on the Tivo Community Forums started asking for the info be sent to her. Our Cox Oklahoma lineup and the OTA lineup was fixed 3 days later, then someone screwed up one channel again a week later. I emailed her again and it was fixed 2 days later. Can't guarantee, but she has been very helpful with getting mine fixed after the Rovi switch. As far as I can tell from the Tivo app, our Las Vegas lineup is correct on the Tivo in our condo, at least for the channels we receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts