TiVo Launches the $400 TiVo Roamio OTA 1TB with lifetime subscription

I almost bought the OTA 1TB off of Weaknees for $349 but decided to go with a refurb TiVo OTA 500MB for $199 from TiVo - same warranty and I already have a 1TB WD 10EURX (still in the WD shrink wrap) to put in it if needed.

Reactions: osu1991
I almost bought the OTA 1TB off of Weaknees for $349 but decided to go with a refurb TiVo OTA 500MB for $199 from TiVo - same warranty and I already have a 1TB WD 10EURX (still in the WD shrink wrap) to put in it if needed.

couple of torx screws, pop the top and swap the drives, reboot and redo guided setup and you're back in business with the new drive

couple of torx screws, pop the top and swap the drives, reboot and redo guided setup and you're back in business with the new drive
Yea, I know, I've swapped several out on my old TiVo HD's and the Roamio swap is even easier, just waiting for the "Refurb-new" to wear off.

Does this $400 Roamio fall back to PSIP when there is no Internet available?

PSIP has it's place. I get 3 days of guide with psip from all the locals here, but I had to talk to all the local engineers to get them to extended their data. I still have 2 DTVPal dvrs going strong on psip as backup for the Tivo's if needed.

2 years ago, I wanted something more reliable for my mom to use and got a Roamio on sale. Because it worked so well, I ended up with 4 Roamios and 4 Mini's getting them for myself and my dad too.

Reactions: navychop
My DTVPal works just fine with PSIP in a remote area with no Internet and limited cell service. If it dies, I'm inclined toward the Channel Master over the TiVo.

Just trying to understand my options.

My DTVPal works just fine with PSIP in a remote area with no Internet and limited cell service. If it dies, I'm inclined toward the Channel Master over the TiVo.

Just trying to understand my options.

yes with no internet the channel master is the better option. Should the Pal start failing, it's usually because of a bad cap(s) and it's not too hard to revive them if that is the case. The tuner going bad is what is usually the final death call for them.

I am going with the homeworx dvr 130 and ematic dvr also. I thought you still need an internet connection for Channel master?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts