tivo stream 4k

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I have been watching Prime and Netflix on my Roamio OTA and the internet loads so slow and the loading of each movie is so slow that I hate it. The stick better be faster than their TiVos. I just ordered a Roku Ultra. I hear that they load real fast.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
I have been watching Prime and Netflix on my Roamio OTA and the internet loads so slow and the loading of each movie is so slow that I hate it. The stick better be faster than their TiVos. I just ordered a Roku Ultra. I hear that they load real fast.
Netflix loads really fast on Rokus for some reason. Prime is better than average too. Disney+ and AppleTV+ both load relatively slowly on every platform I have tried.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Someone did get a network adapter hooked up thats all I know for sure. I really believe tivo has plans for this port and device after launch.
you need to supply your own power to a hard drive. it wont power a hard drive on its own. I hooked up a 6tb G drive that had its own power source and it recognized it. it was thunderbolt 3/usb C. Tried a few other drives with powered adapters with no luck. I didnt go any further than that with mechanical drives as I think it will always access it and wear it out quick,

vurbano

Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA

vurbano

Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Someone did get a network adapter hooked up thats all I know for sure. I really believe tivo has plans for this port and device after launch.
I use the USB C side for a 128GB sandisk cruiser glide for the system Drive. I have accomplished wired gigabit eethernet and usb hub with this device and a OTG cable. They sell a power adapter for the hub to power hard drives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts