tivo stream 4k

I have been watching Prime and Netflix on my Roamio OTA and the internet loads so slow and the loading of each movie is so slow that I hate it. The stick better be faster than their TiVos. I just ordered a Roku Ultra. I hear that they load real fast.

I have been watching Prime and Netflix on my Roamio OTA and the internet loads so slow and the loading of each movie is so slow that I hate it. The stick better be faster than their TiVos. I just ordered a Roku Ultra. I hear that they load real fast.

Netflix loads really fast on Rokus for some reason. Prime is better than average too. Disney+ and AppleTV+ both load relatively slowly on every platform I have tried.

Someone did get a network adapter hooked up thats all I know for sure. I really believe tivo has plans for this port and device after launch.
you need to supply your own power to a hard drive. it wont power a hard drive on its own. I hooked up a 6tb G drive that had its own power source and it recognized it. it was thunderbolt 3/usb C. Tried a few other drives with powered adapters with no luck. I didnt go any further than that with mechanical drives as I think it will always access it and wear it out quick,

Someone did get a network adapter hooked up thats all I know for sure. I really believe tivo has plans for this port and device after launch.
I use the USB C side for a 128GB sandisk cruiser glide for the system Drive. I have accomplished wired gigabit eethernet and usb hub with this device and a OTG cable. They sell a power adapter for the hub to power hard drives.
Amazon product ASIN B00LLUEJFUAmazon product ASIN B07S23NKK7

So there is a update coming trust me on that one, but I have remapped my tivo stream 4k remote buttons to launch channels dvr library when the tivo button is pressed, and channels dvr guide when the guide button is pressed and I am loving this thing, it has 100% wife approval and is getting there with all the updates..This has been a great choice.

So much potential and TiVo screwed it up.

2nd one will stay in the drawer collecting dust, until that infamous update finally arrives and it better disable the always on HDR, because it looks like crap on my 4K TVs.

1st is connected to an old 1080p tv in my office. I de-tivo’d it. It works ok for the most part, still turns the tv on randomly even with the cec turned off. I do like using the google live channels app with my HD Homerun Quattro.

I’ve heard many are liking the new channels dvr update that remapped the buttons, but I don’t currently have any need for channels dvr in my use.

getting word that a hdr update is close to being released, man I hope so, that and the vudu fandango now bugs should just not be there.

Unfortunately, TiVo soon is about the same as Dish soon.

Tired of these app integration updates they’ve enabled the last week or so instead of fixing the main problems first.

Reactions: JamesJ
getting word that a hdr update is close to being released, man I hope so, that and the vudu fandango now bugs should just not be there.

HDR fix didn’t make it in the coming release.

Stream 4K Firmware Update and Stream App Updates

Hi All,

Along with the Pluto VOD update we released yesterday we are rolling out new Stream 4K device firmware as well as Stream App updates over the next week or so. These have a number of additional features and functionality in them as well as fixes and general improvements! We've detailed some of that information below:

* Apps are now accessible from the Left Navigation Menu on the Stream App
* Remote Control pairing and TV/Audio Improvements
* Additional Dolby Atmos support
* Flashing video playback in some apps
* HDMI-CEC Improvements
* Many additional fixes

We know many of you have experienced a number of these issues and we hope these releases are well received. One item I know you're also concerned about is the HDR issues - whilst the changes in functionality missed this release please rest assured we'll have those in another release shortly.

:facepalm

Looks like they fubar'd this release. Developer mode is now locked and mpeg 2 hardware decoding isn't working on any of the streaming OTA tv apps (Plex, Emby, Channels DVR, Googles Live Channels, HD Homerun, etc..).

Mine haven't updated yet, so hopefully they pulled this update, as the one I have connected to the old 1080p tv in my office is used primarily for OTA with the Live Channels app. I don't want it auto-updating and screwing up the one working feature I actually liked and used on it.

Mine haven't updated yet, so hopefully they pulled this update, as the one I have connected to the old 1080p tv in my office is used primarily for OTA with the Live Channels app. I don't want it auto-updating and screwing up the one working feature I actually liked and used on it.

What kind of OTA tuner are you using with the Live Channels app? An HDHomeRun?

I'm curious about possibly using Live Channels for OTA TV if I buy Google's forthcoming Android TV device. Are you able to pause and rewind live TV? Do you use the Live Channels app's free DVR feature?

What kind of OTA tuner are you using with the Live Channels app? An HDHomeRun?

I'm curious about possibly using Live Channels for OTA TV if I buy Google's forthcoming Android TV device. Are you able to pause and rewind live TV? Do you use the Live Channels app's free DVR feature?

Yes, an HD Homerun Quattro. I haven’t plugged a drive in yet to use the dvr features or to be able to pause/rewind etc, live tv. It doesn’t offer me the option to pause live tv currently without a drive plugged in.

I keep intending to order a usb c drive to try it, but life is busy at the moment, selling 2 homes and moving my dad and step mom into a new condo, I just haven’t got around to it yet.

I do like the Live channels app. It is quick and responsive to channel changes and I like that it integrates Pluto TV into its guide too. I’ve watched a little more Pluto TV stuff because of it being in the same guide.

Reactions: NashGuy

Fastest selling hardware for tivo. They fixed ( or are releasing a fix for the pin mess up as several people have it already) and are very close on the HDR fix! not bad, they really are dedicated to this new hardware.

The new google device looks like a slimmed down version of android tv, it says it focuses on content not apps...so my question is will it run apps, and if so what do they look like..remember its in the chromecast family not android tv family

The new google device looks like a slimmed down version of android tv, it says it focuses on content not apps...so my question is will it run apps, and if so what do they look like..remember its in the chromecast family not android tv family
It looks to me, from what I have read from people that acquired one early, is that it runs full android tv, with a new UI or "skin" on top of it. The play store is available, with as far as they can tell, any app that you can download to Android tv.

Reactions: JamesJ
It looks to me, from what I have read from people that acquired one early, is that it runs full android tv, with a new UI or "skin" on top of it. The play store is available, with as far as they can tell, any app that you can download to Android tv.

Now that is interesting. I will have to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)