AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh

This could be very interesting...LOVE my tivo

Reactions: dfergie
ordered 3 to try them out and let everyone try them...will be here saturday

Pros: Seems to keep everything in one neat area..I dont know if at the end of the day this will be good or bad for kids and wife
Cons: right now does not access tivo which I have tivos and channels dvr running side by side seeing which one I will keep forever. Right now they both have a lot of positives to them and few negatives. If tivo stream works out and in the future will for sure access tivo recordings then that will be big! Also I expect more services to tie into this and would like to see att tv being one...would be cool if you could do direct channel tuning through att tv with the remote on the tivo and access cloud dvr..that might be enough for me to shut down channels and tivo, but right now I love not having commercials.

Cons: right now does not access tivo which I have tivos and channels dvr running side by side seeing which one I will keep forever. Right now they both have a lot of positives to them and few negatives. If tivo stream works out and in the future will for sure access tivo recordings then that will be big!

That is what I love about the Tablo Quad, every Roku, Phone, Tablet, PC in the house can access it, so we only need the one box.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I ordered 2 to try out. They will be here in a couple of hours. 1 day shipping from Tivo for me, since I'm so close to the warehouse in DFW, where things ship out.

Usually get FedEX deliveries after lunch.

Is this just another Android streaming box with a Tivo skin on it, or something else I am missing?

Is this just another Android streaming box with a Tivo skin on it, or something else I am missing?

Pretty much. It should integrate a lot of things into the Tivo UI, but mostly just a new Android TV streamer. I just wanted to try it out with the nicer Tivo peanut type remote. My parents may find it easier to use, but if I don't like it, I'll add it to the sale pile with some of my Tivo's and Tivo Mini's.

I need to clean out a bunch of this stuff I'm not using anymore.

Reactions: ncted
Loosing my patience. It’s very close to going in the trash. Can’t get it to activate on the TiVo website, because of coarse TiVo has tied activation to google and your TiVo account

Tivo's CSR's are pretty good at helping. Chat with them, and ask for help.

I did. Was on chat for just over an hour. Turns out there were 18 devices listed on my account, 6 over the device limit. Nobody removed the 5 Bolts and 1 Roamio I had to swap this past year for failed hdmi ports and bad drives.

Ended up creating a new account just for the stream and it activated.

Reactions: primestar31
So far, it seems a little faster than the latest 4K Fire Sticks I’m using. Plex seems to load quicker. This probably just a glorified android device for me as most of the integrated TiVo stuff I don’t use. Prime and Disney + are all that I have accounts for that TiVo could current integrate into their search.

A picture of everything in the box along with a 4K Fire Stick Remote for comparison.

5DEB5E12-DD2C-4AD2-93B2-B548055F1FF5.jpeg

Yes full access to the Android TV apps. Just added Philo, YoutubeTV, HD Homerun, Plex and Emby to it.
Does the YouTube TV app work with the Google voice controls? The voice controls on Fire TV with Alexa are very limited. But I heard the Google voice controls, which can be used on certain Google and Android devices, are much more robust.

Does the YouTube TV app work with the Google voice controls? The voice controls on Fire TV with Alexa are very limited. But I heard the Google voice controls, which can be used on certain Google and Android devices, are much more robust.

I was watching Philo and asked it to “tune to ESPN on YouTube tv” and it said ok and did it. I was playing a video from the library and said “fast forward 3mins” and it said ok and did it. Said rewind 2 mins and it did.

It wouldn’t tune back to Hallmark on Philo though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts