Tivo vs. non Tivo DVD Recorders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dentonpc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
Illinois
I couldn't find this info anywhere, so I hope I am not repeating a thread...

I am about to upgrade D* to get HD. I was also going to get Tivo with it as well.

Can someone tell me why I should get a Tivo product that I'll have to pay a monthly fee for over a Sony (or whatever) non Tivo DVD recorder that I don't pay a fee for.

Taking purchase price out of the equation (I got a $300 gift card to use at Best Buy) what is the best way to go?

Thanks!!

Tivo my a long shot. Have you ever wanted to watch two programs that were on at the same time or need to answer the phone and didn't want to miss anything that was on the TV at the time? Well without the Tivo your out of luck. The Tivo out does any other typr of receiver there is available. :) :)

are you talking about a DirecTivo or a stand alone Tivo? Which ever one you are talking about I give you a list of reasons to get a DirecTivo, or the best HD DVR on the market (AKA HD DirecTivo).

You need the TiVo

I have a DVD recorder, and the simple truth is that I TiVo lots of stuff I don't want to spend another $2 to keep on DVD. With the TiVo, I can preview the stuff without spending another nickle. If I decide to archive something to DVD, I am able to get all of the parts together (as in 2-part programs) or lump similar shows together (as I sometimes do with programs on specific topics).

The TiVo and DVD-R complement each other, and you really need both. It would cost a lot more in blank disks each month than it does to buy the service. . .

Of course, I would not mind having TiVo To Go up and running. . .

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)