TMCHD - Is it HD?

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
I keep seeing TMCHD listed but the schedule doen't include "HD" by the movies on this channel. Does it ever really show HD movies?

Tvlman said:
I keep seeing TMCHD listed but the schedule doen't include "HD" by the movies on this channel. Does it ever really show HD movies?

No TMC-HD but there is a TNT-HD. Most of its programming is upconverted. But tonight they showed "Domestic Disturbance" in OAR HD. A first one after the NBA Western Conference Finals. See this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=129496#post129496

They might show "the others" this sunday at 8pm. The Grid in JULY. Solem's lot on 6/20.

Sean Mota said:
No TMC-HD but there is a TNT-HD. Most of its programming is upconverted. But tonight they showed "Domestic Disturbance" in OAR HD. A first one after the NBA Western Conference Finals. See this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=129496#post129496

They might show "the others" this sunday at 8pm. The Grid in JULY. Solem's lot on 6/20.
Think he meant "The Movie Channel Hd" Sean-none of the programming has the "HD" icon in the pg any longer-a "zapit" prob I think you said once.

eschu97611 said:
Why no "HD" icon Sean? Is it Zapit again??

Yes. But I think I know why. If you go to the showtime/tmc site and look at their daily grid schedule, you will see that their listing in the grid goes from 5am to 9am (for example) if the movie stars at 8:30am, it will have the name of the movie only. When you go to the next grid that starts at 9am, the grid shows the name of movie + "widescreen oar HD". I believe that somehow zap2it is using the first part which contains only the name and not the second part which contains the entire designation.

When a movie does not fall into two grids the designation appears in both TMC site and zap2it. There has to be a program that automatically is running and is not taking into account this. I noticed that tonight. You would think that someone at zap2it would do quality control of their program as well.

Sean Mota said:
Yes. But I think I know why. If you go to the showtime/tmc site and look at their daily grid schedule, you will see that their listing in the grid goes from 5am to 9am (for example) if the movie stars at 8:30am, it will have the name of the movie only. When you go to the next grid that starts at 9am, the grid shows the name of movie + "widescreen oar HD". I believe that somehow zap2it is using the first part which contains only the name and not the second part which contains the entire designation.

When a movie does not fall into two grids the designation appears in both TMC site and zap2it. There has to be a program that automatically is running and is not taking into account this. I noticed that tonight. You would think that someone at zap2it would do quality control of their program as well.
Frustrating-usually easy to tell whether something is truley in "HD", but for the Voom guide and "peace of mind",would be nice if Zapit got it right imo.

I did mean The Movie Channel HD. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess the HD icon just doen't always appear. I notice that tonight there's no HD icon for Dodgers/RedSox on ESPN HD. But the ESPN web site says it's in HD. Also, I checked DTV. No HD icon for tonight's game either.

zap2it sucks

Sean Mota said:

I always trusted zap2it and simply though that TMC-HD lacked HD movies. I may had missed some.

eschu97611 said:
Frustrating-usually easy to tell whether something is truley in "HD", but for the Voom guide and "peace of mind",would be nice if Zapit got it right imo.

And it makes it harder to surf through the "All HD" favorites and have some of these movies show up.