TN Titans owner Bud Adams sounding off (somewhat) about the NFL Draft

lakebum431 said:
Good lord Steve. You having fun making conversation with yourself? :D
LOL lakebum431....Yep yep :D I figure if there are any Titans fans on here (at least one over here),they would like reading this info. :)

I don't get why they drafted vince now. I mean, it looked like they were going to keep McNair and have him groom vince unless mcnair and volek both died and then vince would go in this year...Now it looks like McNair is on the outs, so does that mean the Titans are going to throw vince to the wolves? When does throwing a rookie quarterback in early work? Sure, you've got the anomoly of Big Ben but besides that it's almost always a bomb.

Plus picking up lendale white just gave chris brown a bad taste in his mouth...what the hell are the titans thinking at this point? They make as little sense as the titans...They should just merge and go back to calling themselves the oilers, enough of this nonsense...

Arbitrator rules in favor of McNair

An arbitrator ruled Wednesday that the Titans can't keep Steve McNair from working out on their property as long as he has a contract with the team.I imagine that talks between McNair's agent Bus Cook and other teams will be heating up pretty soon now.The full article is here. http://www.wsmv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4971061&nav=menu109_14

Tennesse has no plans to win. Their coaches are on a 2 week sabbatical? It's the off-season, get your lazy losing asses to work. Either trade the guy who's been the face of your franchise for a decade, or release him. They're just dicking him around. They have the exact legal ability to say he has to pass a physical to enter as they did to ban him in the first place, ala ZERO. That's the point of working out, so you CAN pass the physical and play next season.

I like the titans as a team but there's not a decent human being with a brain in the organization...

Purogamer said:
Tennesse has no plans to win. Their coaches are on a 2 week sabbatical? It's the off-season, get your lazy losing asses to work. Either trade the guy who's been the face of your franchise for a decade, or release him. They're just dicking him around. They have the exact legal ability to say he has to pass a physical to enter as they did to ban him in the first place, ala ZERO. That's the point of working out, so you CAN pass the physical and play next season.

I like the titans as a team but there's not a decent human being with a brain in the organization...
Thanks for the reply Purogamer.That is a good analysis of their 'organization',which I have labled them a 'disorganization' and I agree 100%.All of this b.s. the Titans are putting McNair through is lame and ridiculous.IMO,they have had no plans to make a new deal with him for some time now.Bus Cook has made a deal for McNair with the Ravens,but,the bad blood that has been between the Titans and Ravens for a few years now is what is holding that deal up.I think if the Ravens are serious about acquiring McNair,they will have to give up more than a draft pick in next year's draft.Sure,McNair has taken some serious hits over the years,but,I figure that he still has 2-3 more good seasons left in him.Time will tell,for sure...

He could have a leg amputated and still be considered an upgrade over Kyle Boller...

Odd how McNair said all the ravens were calling and telling him how welcome he would be. Kyle Boller, put a "For Sale" sign on the house, your ass is moving soon. Not just to the bench if you so much as make a negative peep...

Purogamer said:
He could have a leg amputated and still be considered an upgrade over Kyle Boller...

Odd how McNair said all the ravens were calling and telling him how welcome he would be. Kyle Boller, put a "For Sale" sign on the house, your ass is moving soon. Not just to the bench if you so much as make a negative peep...
This is true in regards to Boller...I would like to be a fly on the wall when McNair and Ray Lewis get together for their first talk as teammates :D I would imagine that those two will have some choice words for each other behind closed doors...Once that is done,things should be good to go for Air McNair...

It looks like Billy Volek will now be the starting QB for the Titans,but,I figure that Vince Young will be the starter before this coming season is over with...

It's official,McNair is the Ravens starting QB

McNair passed his physical with the Ravens and was placed at the top of the QB depth chart.More info here. http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BAL/9487121 Live press conference coming up at 4:15pm Eastern time from Baltimore.

I think they're just saying Volek is the starter so as not to panic the masses. They just sent their star packing, they can't afford to have more negative publicity right now.

Vince starts. They didn't draft him to sit behind a Billy Volek, though we know how good billy can be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)