TNT cancels 'Memphis Beat'

I kind of found that entire show quirky and the singing parts were really not needed. I watched it only because is was a summer show when nothing else new is on.

The show lost me when it introduced the musical element and tried to tell me that in addition to being a detective Jason Lee's character was also an Elvis tribute act who was considered "an important part of the Memphis music scene."

I know many of you liked the show and i enjoyed the early Seaon 1 episodes but after that it just jumped the shark for me.

Bummed its gone, but I'll be honest, while I watched every episode of season 1, most of season 2 is still on an external HDD, unwatched.

I liked, not loved, this show and I am sad to see it get the axe. Of course, with the "hurried" finale last season, the episode felt like a series finale...so this should come as no surprise - especially with Jason Leigh reappearing on NBC. Still, with "The Closer" getting ready to end and TNT spinning-off a new Series to replace it, I though there may be a small chance that Memphis Beat would be picked-up just for a little consistence. I was wrong.

Farewell to my favorite "quirky" summertime series. Times will be deleted this evening.

I liked, not loved, this show and I am sad to see it get the axe. Of course, with the "hurried" finale last season, the episode felt like a series finale...so this should come as no surprise - especially with Jason Leigh reappearing on NBC. Still, with "The Closer" getting ready to end and TNT spinning-off a new Series to replace it, I though there may be a small chance that Memphis Beat would be picked-up just for a little consistence. I was wrong.

Farewell to my favorite "quirky" summertime series. Times will be deleted this evening.

I suspect my timers will linger on until the next time I happen to be cleaning house in the old dvr. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)