TNT cancels 'Memphis Beat'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I kind of found that entire show quirky and the singing parts were really not needed. I watched it only because is was a summer show when nothing else new is on.

The show lost me when it introduced the musical element and tried to tell me that in addition to being a detective Jason Lee's character was also an Elvis tribute act who was considered "an important part of the Memphis music scene."

I know many of you liked the show and i enjoyed the early Seaon 1 episodes but after that it just jumped the shark for me.

Bummed its gone, but I'll be honest, while I watched every episode of season 1, most of season 2 is still on an external HDD, unwatched.

I liked, not loved, this show and I am sad to see it get the axe. Of course, with the "hurried" finale last season, the episode felt like a series finale...so this should come as no surprise - especially with Jason Leigh reappearing on NBC. Still, with "The Closer" getting ready to end and TNT spinning-off a new Series to replace it, I though there may be a small chance that Memphis Beat would be picked-up just for a little consistence. I was wrong.

Farewell to my favorite "quirky" summertime series. Times will be deleted this evening.

I liked, not loved, this show and I am sad to see it get the axe. Of course, with the "hurried" finale last season, the episode felt like a series finale...so this should come as no surprise - especially with Jason Leigh reappearing on NBC. Still, with "The Closer" getting ready to end and TNT spinning-off a new Series to replace it, I though there may be a small chance that Memphis Beat would be picked-up just for a little consistence. I was wrong.

Farewell to my favorite "quirky" summertime series. Times will be deleted this evening.

I suspect my timers will linger on until the next time I happen to be cleaning house in the old dvr. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts