TNT-HD now live on Directv !!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I stuck it on 75 a few moments before 3:00 AM Pacific time and saw the channel lite up. It doesn't look that great. I'll have to check it out when Nascar is on.

hdtvtechno said:
Looks like CRAP
Upconverted Widescreen :no

I just checked it out and it doesn't look any better than TNT on 245 , I know not everything is HD on TNT but I though it was upconverted to look a little better? Then agian CDUSA needs the bandwidth , it is the weeken. lol

This is why I don't want any new HD channels unless they bring them back to 1920X1080.

I never wanted TNT-HD to begin with because I know this channel is crap.

Neutron said:
This is why I don't want any new HD channels unless they bring them back to 1920X1080.

I never wanted TNT-HD to begin with because I know this channel is crap.

Then BLOCK it out!

When I had comcast for a brief time, TNT HD was not really a great picture, other then when sporting events were on. So whether its basketball or whatever sport it is, I am sure and (Hope) the picture will be much better then the the standard TNT. looking forward to seeing how it looks tonight!

And of course its another channel in HD

People,

TNT is NOT 24/7 HD! you have to look for their HD presentations.

First we have compiled a list of HD movies on TNT HD which you can find here http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=16867&highlight=the+engagement+ring

we will encourage eveyone who sees any movie in HD to let us know to add to the list. As you can see 85% programming on TNT HD is really SD although the Guide the designation says HD. This is something that many us have emailed TNT to change in the program guide but they have not.

Second thing to look for is that not all movies are aired in their OAR when HD. So be on the look out for those.

NBA basketball games are all in HD!, some NaSCAR races are in HD but not all. No golf in HD we have seen but it may change.

The last thing but most importantly is that the resolution of another 1920x1080i channel on DirecTv is downresized to 1280x1080i. This may impact the HD resolution of your HD programms. Now we need to find out what is the bitrate that DirecTv is sending as you will get lots of macroblocking during NBA games if DirecTv sends low bitrates fot the channel.

In conclusion, some will welcome the new channels, others will be like Cary -- TNT HD is crap... But I guess crap to one is gold for another.... :)

satjay said:
When I had comcast for a brief time, TNT HD was not really a great picture, other then when sporting events were on. So whether its basketball or whatever sport it is, I am sure and (Hope) the picture will be much better then the the standard TNT. looking forward to seeing how it looks tonight!

And of course its another channel in HD

The NBA no TNT is some the best HD sports you will ever see..Right up there with a HDNet telecast..

Pretty much anything on TNT that is HD is some of the best HD you will ever see..

A good 50-60% of what they show is not HD, I understand this..But give it a chance..When they do show HD it is top notch.. At least on my cable system it is :0

Sean Mota said:
People,

TNT is NOT 24/7 HD! you have to look for their HD presentations.

First we have compiled a list of HD movies on TNT HD which you can find here http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=16867&highlight=the+engagement+ring

As you can see 85% programming on TNT HD is really SD although the Guide the designation says HD. This is something that many us have emailed TNT to change in the program guide but they have not.

:)

I dont think the 85% SD statement is accurate at all..

They are showing way more HD than that these days..

I would go out on a limb and say its at least 40% HD..Personally, I think its more than that...

guffy1 said:
I dont think the 85% SD statement is accurate at all..

They are showing way more HD than that these days..

I would go out on a limb and say its at least 40% HD..Personally, I think its more than that...

I follow TNT HD very carefully. If you take a look at what's goes from Monday - Wednesday everything is SD except some episodes of law&Order and Alias, and one episode on Without a Trace on Mondays. Everything else is SD. On Wednesdays they have the same except that on primetime they may show you one of the 114 movies in HD that they have. If you are lucky you will probably get a new one that maybe HD or SD. Then Thursdays they have the same thing except that their NBA games in primetime are HD. Fridays follow the same pattern except that in primetime they may again give you another of the 114 movies in HD and again if you are lucky you may get a new one and it may not necessarily be in HD. On Saturday all they do is repeat from their collection of SD movies and they may insert a few HD movies (again from the 114). On sunday it goes back to some movies in the morning and part of the afternoon and episodes of law&order for primetime time unless they put another movie in primetime. If you really count the amount of HD hours per week versus the amount of SD hours, you will find that they offer probably less than 15% in HD programming per week. Their collection of HD movies is very poor in quantity. They have been on the air for three years and only have 114 HD movies in their collection --- that is a joke.

Sean Mota said:
I follow TNT HD very carefully. If you take a look at what's goes from Monday - Wednesday everything is SD except some episodes of law&Order and Alias, and one episode on Without a Trace on Mondays. Everything else is SD. On Wednesdays they have the same except that on primetime they may show you one of the 114 movies in HD that they have. If you are lucky you will probably get a new one that maybe HD or SD. Then Thursdays they have the same thing except that their NBA games in primetime are HD. Fridays follow the same pattern except that in primetime they may again give you another of the 114 movies in HD and again if you are lucky you may get a new one and it may not necessarily be in HD. On Saturday all they do is repeat from their collection of SD movies and they may insert a few HD movies (again from the 114). On sunday it goes back to some movies in the morning and part of the afternoon and episodes of law&order for primetime time unless they put another movie in primetime. If you really count the amount of HD hours per week versus the amount of SD hours, you will find that they offer probably less than 15% in HD programming per week. Their collection of HD movies is very poor in quantity. They have been on the air for three years and only have 114 HD movies in their collection --- that is a joke.

I understand theres a lot of SD..I still dont think 15% is an accurate representation though.. I can agree that my 40% may be a bit high, but 15% we will just have to agree to disagree on :)

What % of the Law and Order episodes would you say are in HD?

I wish TNT would not zoom the picture. Upconvert the SD like ESPN does with
side bars, but PLEASE DON'T ZOOM THE PICTURE!!! :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)