TNT-HD now live on Directv !!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sean Mota said:
That is not the point. No one is arguing that. The SD channels are overcompressed to a point where on a normal TV, you can see the compression artifacts. So TNT HD SD material will look better on a normal TV but if you like to watch stretch-o-vision TV, that may work as well. I know I wouldn't watch that stuff it makes your eyes cry... :D

what does that stuff look like, im watchng law and order right now on tnthd and im seeing lil "static" looking stuff accross the whole picture, im not to tech savy when it comes to video stuff so pardon the description. just trying to get a grasp on what i need to look for.

hdtvtechno said:
One problem here

My guide doesnt have data for TNT-HD

all it says title not available, no information available

same here, i wonder whats up, has anyone calledto find out why yet

hdtvtechno said:
One problem here

My guide doesnt have data for TNT-HD

all it says title not available, no information available

Got guide info here on my H10 & the HTL-HD. As a matter of fact I have had it since I first checked at 7:00 this morning.

Not into basketball, which is on now, but the picture looks pretty good, compared to 245. About the only thing that I will watch on TNT is NASCAR, and I am looking forward to that.

Anyone catching the rookie vs sophmore game on tonight. The picture is definately blurry on my 1080i CRT projector with frequent macroblocking. I hope that DirecTV knows this and will tweak the settings.

Gen Custer said:
Anyone catching the rookie vs sophmore game on tonight. The picture is definately blurry on my 1080i CRT projector with frequent macroblocking. I hope that DirecTV knows this and will tweak the settings.

It gets real bad every time someone takes a flash photo during a dunk. MPEG2 just doesn't handle rapid changes in light intensity. For what it's worth, I thought Law & Order on TNT-HD looked better than L&O: SVU on UHD.

I had the game on, and it looked very nice on my CRT RP. Did not see in artifacts or pixalization.

Glad to here I am not the only one with a blank guide.

Gen Custer said:

Just turned it on to check. You can also see it real bad when they move the camera fast. The logos on the floor macroblock. I hope they adjust that before they do a NASCAR broadcast, or we won't see anything but a blur. I am sure that being they just put it up today, they will be making adjustments for a few days. Maybe they can steal a little bandwidth to clear that up.

I caught Law & Order this afternoon and watched part of the game tonight. Looked pretty good.

When they show a movie in True HD it usually looks very good. I love this ch for their weekend movie selection. Also, you will find that the sound is great....better than some of the pay ch's.

ChrisPC said:
Lethal Weapon is on right now in HD. It looks pretty good.

I think they have given it a little more bandwidth today. I am watching the race and it looks pretty good. With the fast speed of the cars they need a lot of bandwidth. Cleaner PQ than the basketball was last night. Even their HD commercials are really good.

What I've seen on TNT-HD looks a lot better than the Olympics I've been watching from my local NBC-HD channel. And I'm watching NBC via OTA which should look very good, but I'm seeing a ton of artifacts on the screen during fast motion which happens a lot during competitions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)