TNT HD Western Conference NBA Championship???

ahartig

Original poster
May 10, 2004
Anybody know for sure if TNT will broadcast the Western Conference Finals in HD, if so will it be in 720p or 1080i and will Voom carry it???????

HELP!!!

Why do I just have this funny feeling that VOOM will not carry TNT-HD at the outset ? Since Time Warner owns the channel they may want to keep it on just cable for a while.

I put out this question to Wilt on the Yahoo group yesterday. He hasn't responded yet.

Sean Mota said:
Yes, 1080i and we yet do not know if VOOM will carry it.

It would be awesome if Voom would carry TNT-HD for the West conference finals..
Hopefully Wilt will do his magic there..
:)

TNT-HD has not formerly launched yet. They are apparently on the air in test phase.

The launch is slated for May 19th.

Western Conference Finals In HD?

TNT is supposed to be carrying the WCF in HD... but we dont know if TNT-HD wil be added to Voom at this point. However, does that mean that when the WCF is broadcast on regular TNT that it wont be in HD? This is probably a stupid question, but Im confused.

There will be no HD on the standard TNT channel. Any HD done by TNT will appear on the TNT-HD channel. Keep in mind that HD production facilities can output SD too -- that's why you see the same games (using the same cameras) on ESPN and ESPN-HD, but with one SD and the other HD.

Ken F said:
TNT-HD has not formerly launched yet. They are apparently on the air in test phase.

The launch is slated for May 19th.
6 days away..... But will we get it? Its a must have for Voom. We desperately need more mainstream HD sports.

It's too bad, that even if we do get TNT-HD you won't be able to see that game because it's gonna be Spurs over Minnesota

Queens = Sac?
I think Minnesota will pull a win @ home, Peeler is gonna be skippin (read: suspended) this game...
Their starter guards won't be getting much rest, if any...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)