TNT Turned Off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wes311

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
I can understand TNT being turned off on Ch 75 because of not enough space on that satellite for NFL Sunday Ticket, but I don't understand why it's not on Ch 245 on the newest satellite!

it is bs that it is off at all. If they need the bandwith i can list a load os channels they can take off.. Lets start with these shopping channels

it is bs that it is off at all. If they need the bandwith i can list a load os channels they can take off.. Lets start with these shopping channels

i don't know if you are a relatively new member posting or had been lurking for a long time. but we had info in late september that there was a possibility tnt would have to be shut off during sunday ticket to free bandwidth. the decision is being made on a week to week basis. next season's broadcasts will be mpeg4.

my point is, i'm sorry you didn't get the message about tnt. and if you did, this shouldn't be a shock!

Not that removal of anything is right, but most shopping chnls and the like PAY to be on; and I also remember something about the need to maintain a certain number of general interest vs regular programming (by law). Someone else may be able to expound on that if it is still the same.

People can make jokes about TNT all they want. Personally I think TNT sucks, but, the fact that D* turns off a channel that people pay for to show something else is crap. Based on principle alone, people should complain to D* and demand they either fix the issue now or stop the practice. One subscriber is not better than the other.

People can make jokes about TNT all they want. Personally I think TNT sucks, but, the fact that D* turns off a channel that people pay for to show something else is crap. Based on principle alone, people should complain to D* and demand they either fix the issue now or stop the practice. One subscriber is not better than the other.

no i think this was gone over awhile back....there is a disclaimer in all that mumbo jumbo of the contract u sign when u first get dtv that says they can do things like this in certain situations.

No doubt, but, I still don't think it's right and it's still a disservice to it's subscriber base who don't get ST and want to watch TNT.

No doubt, but, I still don't think it's right and it's still a disservice to it's subscriber base who don't get ST and want to watch TNT.

There are MANY threads talking about this subject already.

We all understand that it's not right, but we also understand that NEXT year we won't have this problem, next year ST will be in MPEG4 and that will solve the issue.

Jimbo

I called and talked to tech support. They said they weren't aware of the issue that 245 HD was not working. He said if they more calls they will report it to the broastcast center.

He also said they take down HD PPV first for Sunday Ticket not others. 75 says programming will return at 8 pm est. But 245 HD just has the same info as 245 SD. My understaing was that 245 was mpeg4 not just a remapped channel 75 in mpeg2.
This is horse s**t. I paid good money to get channel in HD.

I called and talked to tech support. They said they weren't aware of the issue that 245 HD was not working. He said if they more calls they will report it to the broastcast center.

He also said they take down HD PPV first for Sunday Ticket not others. 75 says programming will return at 8 pm est. But 245 HD just has the same info as 245 SD. My understaing was that 245 was mpeg4 not just a remapped channel 75 in mpeg2.
This is horse s**t. I paid good money to get channel in HD.
Yes, but by that same logic, I paid good money (more than you in fact) to get my Sunday Ticket games in HD.
You really can't live without your fill of 2nd run movies, L&O marathons, and occasional NASCAR race for the few months out of the year that the NFL season runs? Also don't forget, more businesses rely on NFL Sunday Ticket and HD than they do TNT HD.

Yes, but by that same logic, I paid good money (more than you in fact) to get my Sunday Ticket games in HD.
You really can't live without your fill of 2nd run movies, L&O marathons, and occasional NASCAR race for the few months out of the year that the NFL season runs? Also don't forget, more businesses rely on NFL Sunday Ticket and HD than they do TNT HD.
..... and they were not taking away any HD programming,,, only TNT stretcho-bluro-vision, now if they did it and took off the Baseball playoffs, all hell would break loose here.

That's not what my point was. My point was DirecTV needs to fix their problem. We are BOTH paying customers. You're not any better then me just because you get Sunday Ticket. TNT is suspose to be mpeg 4 thus shouldn't be turned for mpeg2 Sunday Ticket.

That's not what my point was. My point was DirecTV needs to fix their problem. We are BOTH paying customers. You're not any better then me just because you get Sunday Ticket. TNT is suspose to be mpeg 4 thus shouldn't be turned for mpeg2 Sunday Ticket.

No, I am not any better than you, however as long as we live in a capitolistic society money speaks louder than words,,, and here is an extract of the terms we ALL signed up for.

d) Our Programming Changes. Many changing considerations affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and customer demand for it. Accordingly, we must reserve the unrestricted right to change, re-arrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, and any other Service we offer, at any time. We will endeavor to notify you of any change that is within our reasonable control and its effective date. In most cases, this notice will be about one month in advance. You always have the right to cancel your Service, in whole or in part, if you do not accept the change (see Section 5). If you cancel your Service, a deactivation fee (described in Sections 2 and 5(b)) or other charges may apply. Credits, if any, to your account will be posted as described in Section 5. If you do not cancel, your continued receipt of our Service will constitute acceptance.

If that is not acceptable, Maybe E* kept the TNT Stretcho-bluro-vision on today. I hear they are looking for customers.... Jeeeez, is it really worth raising the blood pressure that much? There was nothing on worth watching on the other 200 or so channels? Nothing recorded from TNT on the 2 HR20 available to fill the gap?

I agree. It's fine as I didn't watch anything on TNT today anyways. Like I said, my understaing was that TNT is suspose to be mpeg 4 thus shouldn't be turned for mpeg2 Sunday Ticket.

I would never consider switching. I have been with DirecTV for 7 years. Thats all I have to say.

I don't remember the 'other guys' giving refunds (or even apologies) when they turned off Court TV - or Lifetime, or any of the other stuff that disappeared for weeks at a time - while they played hardball negotiators at the customers expense.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts