TO the Evil Empire and all its fans. Thanks!

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
I must thank you all for ruining my spring/summer. Awaiting Winter here again now. Although i didnt see the twins/yanks game the other afternoon I obviously heard our new 2nd baseman from Japan(cant pronounce or spell his name)got his fibula broken by Nick Swisher. On what i can presume was obviously a hard slide into 2nd.

Again didnt see it but im gonna cry foul. Accepted play in baseball as iong as nothing goes wrong but now in this case the situation went arye. Twins big pickup this year rookie wont even play in front of his new home fans all year.

As a season tix holder i must say wow you Yanks sure sucked the life outta me already, no excitment for me at least left in this baseball season.

So to all my Yanks contingency Steinbrenner Cashman Arod Robi and of course Derek along with all the fans I must say

Eat Sh*t and Die!

At least the birds in the East seem tobe the new rulers of the roost.

Bring back Winter!

Last edited:
I must thank you all for ruining my spring/summer. Awaiting Winter here again now. Although i didnt see the twins/yanks game the other afternoon I obviously heard our new 2nd baseman from Japan(cant pronounce or spell his name)got his fibula broken by Nick Swisher. On what i can presume was obviously a hard slide into 2nd.

Again didnt see it but im gonna cry foul. Accepted play in baseball as iong as nothing goes wrong but now in this case the situation went arye. Twins big pickup this year rookie wont even play in front of his new home fans all year.

As a season tix holder i must say wow you Yanks sure sucked the life outta me already, no excitment for me at least left in this baseball season.

So to all my Yanks contingency Stienbrenner Cashman Arod Robi and of course Derek along with all the fans I must say

Eat Sh*t and Die!

Bring back Winter!
So what you're saying is that it's OUR fault that the Twinkies could choke on Jell-o? It's a long season, so until October SUCK IT UP

replays will be my friend.
ill have plenty of time to see the play before i see the new twins 2nd baseman from japan start a game at target field.

replays will be my friend.
ill have plenty of time to see the play before i see the new twins 2nd baseman from japan start a game at target field.

Well, luckily the TWINS did see the play, and neither Nishioka or Gardenhire has a problem with Swisher, or the slide.

Sitting in the clubhouse after the game by a pair of crutches, Nishioka described Swisher's slide as "a "professional play," and Minnesota manager Ron Gardenhire said he believed there was no intent to injure the player.

"Swisher's a clean player. It was a good slide," Gardenhire told reporters.

Swisher contacted Nishioka in the clubhouse to see how he was. "I wasn't trying to hurt him. I was trying to break up the double play," Swisher said. "I didn't mean to do it."

Asked about hearing from Swisher, Nishioka said: "He didn't need (to call). I appreciate the call."

At least the Twins don't cry like their fans do...:rolleyes:

Sandra

Well, luckily the TWINS did see the play, and neither Nishioka or Gardenhire has a problem with Swisher, or the slide.

At least the Twins don't cry like their fans do...:rolleyes:

Sandra

Well...MAYBE the the Twins players are so classy they do not talk bad about other teams or players. On the other hand, maybe the Twins 2nd basemen is..ah brittle?

Thanks for the link, Iceberg!!! I guess it was ok slide. Nobody said it was a bad slide. Btw, Sandra, you cant blame Twins fans for how they feel. I mean I think I'd feel the same way knowing my team NEVER EVER beat the Yankees and probably never will.

[youtube]MeIPslOqs3g[/youtube]

OK....he swung that leg and it looks a little dirty. Look at the 51 second mark and you clearly see he slides into the bag but swings the leg to take him out. The slide is clean by way of the rules because he still within arms distance of the bag. I highly doubt he did it to take him out...but it sure does not look that way they way he swings that leg.

So to all my Yanks contingency Steinbrenner Cashman Arod Robi and of course Derek along with all the fans I must say

Eat Sh*t and Die!

Bring back Winter!

You JUST said you DIDN'T see the play, but your gonna blame the yankees anyways ?

Had he jumped up like 99 % of the players do that turn the DP, it never would have happened.
NOTHING that happened was intentional.

Fwiw, I'm a Tigers and Red Sox fan, NOT a yanks fan.

That play could happen a 1000 times again and not have a problem with it, never cause any issues for breaking a leg.

Yes, it's unfortunate, but if your WHOLE season is hinged on a ROOKIE 2B, you got more issues than this guy.

Don't the Twins have a 2B to back him up? what happened to the guy they had last year ?

Jimbo, I think its aggravation by the Twins fans. I mean they never beat the Yankees, they blow leads against the Yankees all the time and they never win in the playoffs, so its probably just a lot of frustration. Btw, I heard that Swisher went to see the guy after the game.

Don't the Twins have a 2B to back him up? what happened to the guy they had last year ?

got traded. Orlando Hudson (the O Dog)....they got rid of him

The backup 2B is Luke Hughes. He is the 1st guy to come up when someone gets hurt and the 1st guy to go back when the normal position player comes back ;)

Jimbo, I think its aggravation by the Twins fans. I mean they never beat the Yankees, they blow leads against the Yankees all the time and they never win in the playoffs, so its probably just a lot of frustration. Btw, I heard that Swisher went to see the guy after the game.

I think it's THIS TWIN fan, not all of them, I don't see Iceberg crying about it , I'm sure he's not happy, but they will do whatever is nessasary to fill his spot.

This Twins fans isnt aggravated by it. :)

Btw, I heard that Swisher went to see the guy after the game.

correct. The funny thing was as soon as Nishi laid there Swisher (from news reports) said he was sorry and didnt mean to hurt him. Only thing is Nishi speaks limited English (he has a translator for him) ;)

I think it's THIS TWIN fan, not all of them, I don't see Iceberg crying about it , I'm sure he's not happy, but they will do whatever is nessasary to fill his spot.

yep. Its only a few games in and its not a completely broken. Heck there is no cast. Give it a couple weeks to a month and he'll be back just fine.
We didnt panic when Morneau went down last year :)

yep. Its only a few games in and its not a completely broken. Heck there is no cast. Give it a couple weeks to a month and he'll be back just fine.
We didnt panic when Morneau went down last year :)

Now if Mauer goes down, theres time to be concerned.
Same way if the Tigers were to lose M. Cabrera.

It was a bad slide. Rules dictate that you must stay in contact with the base at all times of the slide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts