TOA1 on 622 New Software

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Woke up this morning to TOA1 showing as new software for the 622. My King of Queens recording from last night showed 0:00 and started at the very end of the show with 3 seconds left. Haven't noticed anything new but have not had time to investigate.

It's an update targeting some specific receivers. I got an email from the Beta group telling me to expect the update and that it's targeting OTA issue specifically.

OTA signals are down a touch from 4.01 & 03 but it's working great so far.

Here is the email about this update. Including how to log problems (which I think is a really smart way of doing things. :)

Subject: TOA1 Will Spool to Your ViP-622 Reciever Tonight

All,

Thanks so much for allowing us to target your receivers with this debug software. The TOA1 software is scheduled to spool sometime between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm MDT. Your receiver must be in standby (off) to take the download.

Please do a scan for your locals and attempt to tune to them, if you find any issues with your OTA's press the Dish Home button on the remote and then select No to the popup, this marks the logs so the engineers can see the exact spot the issue happened. The Dish Home/No sequence can be done multiple times if multiple issues are seen. You may email me with any issues or questions you have.

Again thanks for helping us to track down the OTA issues.

Thanks,

Any idea if E* is sending this TOA1 release to receivers not having OTA issues, as well as ones that are? Would hope they're going to make sure that they're not breaking anything for the folks who arent having issues...

Here is the email about this update. Including how to log problems (which I think is a really smart way of doing things. :)

All,

Thanks so much for allowing us to target your receivers with this debug software. The TOA1 software is scheduled to spool sometime between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm MDT. Your receiver must be in standby (off) to take the download.

Please do a scan for your locals and attempt to tune to them, if you find any issues with your OTA's press the Dish Home button on the remote and then select No to the popup, this marks the logs so the engineers can see the exact spot the issue happened. The Dish Home/No sequence can be done multiple times if multiple issues are seen. You may email me with any issues or questions you have.

Thanks,

So...we should all re-scan for locals?

All,

Thanks,

Ah, found a copy of this email, blocked at my ISP's Spam Detector. Just moved it to the inbox and read it in with my email software. I've done the rescan and keeping my fingers crossed.

I just got back from an out of town trip and havent looked up the software version but there are diferences. The most obvious one is that "HD" is used in several places to easily identify those recordings and channels. I havent watched OTA much yet but I once got the yellow screen for a second or two. I think I remember that happening in the past once in a while too. But no reboots were needed. The program info screen now also has "Tribune Media Services" on it. At least I dont think it was there before. Is this the software upgrade?

According to the e-mail, if our 622 is not in standby mode, we won't get the udpdate. Will we get another opportunity to get it later? Maybe overnight? I really need this update to fix my OTA problems. I am one of many who have contacted Dish's tech support about the problem.

According to the e-mail, if our 622 is not in standby mode, we won't get the udpdate. Will we get another opportunity to get it later? Maybe overnight? I really need this update to fix my OTA problems. I am one of many who have contacted Dish's tech support about the problem.

i emailed about this very question as was told that it will update the next time your reciever is in standby mode. But if you did not get the email about the update spooling to you, then i do not believe it will happen

I am still loosing locks on some locals with this new update

I received the update this morning. I lost all OTA channels about 6 times after receiving L4.01 and then L4.03. Since TOA1 I have tried duplicating the processes I noticed that caused the loss of OTA's before (such as paging down quickly in the scheduled DVR menu, and cycling quickly through aspect ratio's). So far so good, I haven't lost OTA's once. I'm not sure if they changed anything or are just using this update as a debug program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)