Today Show Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Next Monday I will be in New York City and plan to go to stand in the crowd of the NBC Today Show.

Anyone been there?

Any hints or tips?

I will be sure to wear my SatelliteGuys shirt. :)

Been there twice and got to talk to Al Roker and shake his hand the second time. I was on the air for about 20-30 seconds that time behind Al while he gave his weather forecast.

The best tip is to get there early, at or before 0600 if you can, to get a good spot. You'll line up at the back end of the plaza (I think it's 48th & Rockefeller, but I'm not exactly sure). From there you'll go through metal detectors and the content police will check your signs, shirts, etc. for any offensive content.

The best spot to stand would probably be the front of the plaza where the studio is. Look for the Today show regular Lenny, they save him a spot and he always seems to get on the air.

070312_Lenny_inPlaza.small.jpg

People have cameras for sure. Many times when they come back from commercial you see Meredeth getting her picture taken with someone in the background.

Yeah but they had these cheap pocket cameras. I am bringing a DSLR. I havent seen anyone in the crowd with one of those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)